Maidenhead to SWBGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
kittymum

Re: Maidenhead to SWBGS

Post by kittymum »

It’s honestly the easiest walk ever and a very social thing / it’s even quicker then google will show as they go through the park and up Portland Alley. What are you concerned about? It’s less then 10 mins (the bus stop is 5 mins walk for school busses).
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

It sounds like it is a similar distance as Reading train station to Kendrick School, in which case it shouldn’t be taxing for anyone unless they have a mobility problem.

If anything it blows out the cobwebs on a morning and allows them to wind down a little on the way home.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Mu81 I'd agree with others about the walk from the station, unless as Tinkers says there are mobility issues, it won't take 15 minutes.It is a journey many DC do. It can be a bit daunting when you look at your child now but they are growing up and walking a couple of miles a day is well within their capability, they will take this in their stride and will be absolutely fine with it.
mad?
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Speaking to my ds the train gets in with plenty of time to spare so many people go to Sainsbury’s on their way in. If your dc is worried about getting lost they needn’t as there will be a sea of red ties to follow.

They’ll also have some of their games lessons (hockey and cricket) at Marlow Sports Club which is half way to the station.

I promise you its v straightforward. The buses drop / pick up from the lay by above Hand and Flowers. There are no private coaches as such but are Bucks CC school buses. I think the bus probably leaves quite early as I think it goes through Bourne End and Cookham. I think the bus is over subscribed. Paid for transport places are only allocated if they are any left over after those entitled to free transport are allocated.

I know a couple of people who drive in from Maidenhead but no one crosses the bridge- they all drop by Guide Centre.
mu81

Post by mu81 »

Thank you so much everyone for all the valuable suggestions and inputs! It doesn't seem that difficult journey.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now