Loreto Grammar Exam Cockup!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
TraffordMumzy

Loreto Grammar Exam Cockup!

Post by TraffordMumzy »

Hi All, my dd sat the loreto grammar paper this morning only to come out of the exam half an hour later than expected with a letter in hand informing parents that there was an error with the whole VR answer sheet provided by the GL examining board. Subsequently the girls were told to write answers on there question booklet without any multiple choice options. I cannot believe that an error of this magnitude can occur at this level without it being picked up earlier. How the school will choose to manage this, we have yet to find out but I would definitely like to hear the thoughts of any other trafford parents.
kenyancowgirl

Re: Loreto Grammar Exam Cockup!

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Not from the area but the good news, if there is any, is that as they have sent a letter, at least it sounds like everyone had the same error so that should avoid copious appeals. It also sounds like the error was not in the questions but just with the answer sheet - so hopefully no time lost trying to work out unanswerable questions so, again, no real grounds for appeal.

Whilst it is unfortunate, try and focus on the positives.
TraffordMumzy

Post by TraffordMumzy »

I thought there may have been more responses from Trafford Parents, with there thoughts and views on this. However as it stands the school has confirmed that the girls will need to re-sit the exam next week. GL examining board have accepted full responsibility for the error and are in the process of putting together a new paper.
-just as I thought it was over! My dd is still at school yet, and doesn't even know about this yet - I miss sure she will be delighted about being told this!!!
Omega250

Post by Omega250 »

Hi, Does anyone know roughly the number of candidates for the Loreto Grammar School exam this year? Thanks.
LouiseA

Post by LouiseA »

Hi, Is anyone able to tell me what time the Loreto exam started and finished on the Saturday. My daughter will be sitting it next year, but we also have a wedding to go to on the Saturday which I think the exam will fall. Hoping the exam will finish by 12:30? Thanks in advance.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now