Only four choices

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Thirdandthree

Only four choices

Post by Thirdandthree »

Hi all, with such a dilemma this time! I was surprised to see only four school choices on the KCC web site. This is our third time applying for secondary school and there were always six to list. Does anyone know when this changed and if you can list any more?
Twinkle

Re: Only four choices

Post by Twinkle »

I completed a CAF for DS1 8 years ago and there were only 4 choices in Kent then. Same for DS2 and DS3 in subsequent years. No - you can't put any more schools down. So very important to choose carefully and to include a school that your child will realistically get a place at.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Have you moved to Kent since your last CAF applications? London boroughs for example get six choices but I have always known Kent to have fewer choices than my area. I gathered the reasoning being London geopgraphy was more dense but don’t know if that is more accurate or fair!
doodles

Post by doodles »

Twinkle wrote:I completed a CAF for DS1 8 years ago and there were only 4 choices in Kent then. Same for DS2 and DS3 in subsequent years. No - you can't put any more schools down. So very important to choose carefully and to include a school that your child will realistically get a place at.
Same for us, completed DS1's form 9 years ago and it was 4 then too.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
Thirdandthree

Post by Thirdandthree »

Thank you, we have always been in Kent and applied 5 and 3 years ago, both got first choice but im sure there were 6 to list. Makes if difficult if you wish to appeal
kingreader

Post by kingreader »

when we applied a few years ago there were only 3 but ive never known there being more than 4 in Kent
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now