Loretto Grammer Results

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
elevenexam

Loretto Grammer Results

Post by elevenexam »

Hi,
my daughter received 326 out of 325 cut off mark on Saturday , and we are living in catchment area within 2 miles from the school, I am not too sure whether my daugher will secure a place as is just 1 mark above the cut off, has any one had any expierence in the past something similar results and secured a place at at the school ?

we are still waiting for the results to come out by next Saturday for CEM.

thanks
Gargantuan

Re: Loretto Grammer Results

Post by Gargantuan »

Loreto does not utilise a simple “distance nearest first” policy. Is your daughter attending a catholic primary school and baptised catholic? If so, I would relax and be assured of a place. If she is at a non catholic primary, things are slightly different. Last year, I know of girls who were awarded a place who were attending non catholic primaries, but not sure on complete numbers. Last year, I don’t believe any girls who were not baptised catholic gained a place. In a nutshell, if your daughter is baptised catholic and attends a catholic primary school, she is highly likely to be in.
elevenexam

Post by elevenexam »

Thanks for your quick reply really appriciate it , My daugher has being baptised in Catholic , but attending to a none catholic school near my house in Timerley , like you said will wait and see how it goes.
elevenexam

Post by elevenexam »

I just had quick look on the Loretto admission policy , looks like my daughger comes under category 4 within the admission policy , I think school is selecting highest mark policy in that category 4 regardless of the area where you live.. so is that mean kids who scored more than 326 (baptised in catholic) out side of Manchester region like Preston, Bolton etc who would likely to get a place regardless of people who live near the school ?
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now