Admissions

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

warks_mum

Admissions

Post by warks_mum »

Can anyone help please? I am very sorry if this has been posted elsewhere, but I've had a look on other threads and can't find anything.

With regard to admissions, if your DC does not score high enough for the AQS for their first preference school, but does for their second preference, is their second preference automatically treated then as their first preference, with their actual first preference discounted, or is their a risk that they won't get into either school?
hermanmunster

Re: Admissions

Post by hermanmunster »

you have got that correct! Need to put the schools in the order you really want .

Only thing I would say is that usually the last place offered is a bit above yje AQS
warks_mum

Post by warks_mum »

hermanmunster wrote:you have got that correct! Need to put the schools in the order you really want .

Only thing I would say is that usually the last place offered is a bit above yje AQS
Thanks for your reply!

So it is the first one?

Only reason I wanted to check, is I thought that was the case, but then I have seen comments of people advising those with borderline scores to make sure they list the school as their first preference, but do they just mean to make sure it is listed above a non-grammar choice/lower AQS choice?
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Equal preference system works like this. Hopefully this makes it clearer.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
warks_mum

Post by warks_mum »

Tinkers wrote:Equal preference system works like this. Hopefully this makes it clearer.

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/schoo ... nce-system" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Thank you! That was really helpful.
Dentvin

Post by Dentvin »

hermanmunster wrote:you have got that correct! Need to put the schools in the order you really want .

Does this mean that even if a child scores the AQS but only the actual AQS - they still may not get an automatic place come March. I.e. Some children with the AQS are on the waiting list
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Dentvin - sorry I think I got confused re AQS and where the WL went down to :

here is a letter from the LEA indicating the scores and places offered https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-699-529" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Dentvin

Post by Dentvin »

Thanks for the attachment - just wanted to confirm that AQS is in fact automatic (obviously doesn't help the conundrum this year of where the AQS may be!!)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now