Another OOC Query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
jesica

Another OOC Query

Post by jesica »

Friends ,
My ds kent score is 372 (OOC- live in Berkshire area).
If I compare with last year results score actually there a hope with Skinner's GS which is only school that offered a place for OOC candidates.
Does any other schools that I can consider in the Dartford or Tunbridge or TWS areas ?
I am bit of familiar with these areas not other parts of kent, If i get a place things are fine with us to move near by locations.
ToadMum

Re: Another OOC Query

Post by ToadMum »

jesica wrote:Friends ,
My ds kent score is 372 (OOC- live in Berkshire area).
If I compare with last year results score actually there a hope with Skinner's GS which is only school that offered a place for OOC candidates.
Does any other schools that I can consider in the Dartford or Tunbridge or TWS areas ?
I am bit of familiar with these areas not other parts of kent, If i get a place things are fine with us to move near by locations.
Have a look here for the various admissions policies:

https://www.kent.gov.uk/education-and-c ... ria-201819.

Do you have to move to Kent anyway? If so, it would probably be a good idea to have a look at the admissions policies for the high schools in the area(s) in which you are interested, so you know what your back up options will be :) .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
FlamingoMum007

Post by FlamingoMum007 »

Hello,

Has anyone managed to find the out-of-area cut off scores for Dartford Grammar School (for boys) for the last year (for entry in Sept 2017) ?

Also, has DGS had 180 places last year as well ? (OR has the number of places been increased from 150 to 180 this year ?).

I guess if the number of places was 180 last year as well, then the last year's scores could be a good enough indicator for this year ?

Thanks for your help in advance.
doodles

Post by doodles »

Welcome to the forum flamingomum.

If you go to the Year 7 admissions section on the DGS website you will find the admissions policies for each year going back to 2015. From these you will be able to work out when the number increased to 180. Likewise a search of this forum (search button in top right corner) should give you the OOC scores for each year.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad !
jesica

Post by jesica »

I believe this will be useful for someone (looks a bit chance i can take for my ds with skinners)
skinners
http://www.skinners-school.co.uk/admiss ... on-process" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
The School intends to offer 150 places each year
Offers were made to 155 applicants for September 2017 Year 7 entry. The extra five places (above PAN) were made available due to an urgent request from Kent County Council to assist with significantly higher demand this year. Boys have been divided into five forms of equal number.
This year's average PESE score of boys offered in the first round was 386.
The lowest score offered in the first round was 371.
By the start of term, boys scoring 369 had been offered places.
judd
http://www.judd.online/page/?title=Joining+Us&pid=10" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
When receiving queries from parents regarding the cut-off score for The Judd School this year, we can only refer to historic figures. For your information, therefore, but not as a guide, the lowest score offered on 1 March 2017 was 364 for the Inner Area and 400 for the Outer Area. Following re-allocation from the waiting list, the lowest score reduced to 361 for the Inner Area and remained at 400 for the Outer Area, as no withdrawals were received. There are usually around 20 places allocated from the waiting list(s), so it is well worth going on the list(s) if you are just below the initial cut-off score.
Our Admission Criteria changed for September 2018 entry. Please look on our website for full details. In brief we have 135 places available for the Inner Area and 20 places available for the Outer Area. For the September 2017 intake we agreed with KCC to take an additional 25 students and so our PAN increased to 180. This is likely to happen again for 2018 but has not been confirmed
dartford
waiting for school reply.
Idoknow

Post by Idoknow »

FlamingoMum007,

The very helpful and chatty lady at Dartford Grammar School this morning said how cut off scores steadily increased in the last three years and last year score was 387 for OOC canditates..... I guess it will be slightly higher this year. :?:
FlamingoMum007

Post by FlamingoMum007 »

Idoknow wrote:FlamingoMum007,

The very helpful and chatty lady at Dartford Grammar School this morning said how cut off scores steadily increased in the last three years and last year score was 387 for OOC canditates..... I guess it will be slightly higher this year. :?:
Thanks very much 'Idoknow'.

Any idea for the Dartford Grammar School whether 387 was the initial OOA cut-off score on March 1st 2017 ? Any idea whether any boys below that initial cut-off score eventually got offered a place after waiting list processing / reshuffling etc. ?

Thanks again.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now