Opinions please!

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
adrianamum2

Opinions please!

Post by adrianamum2 »

DD scored 325.641 for CSSE and 106.45 for CCHS.
We're in Chelmsford. What are our options?! TIA
Daddy cool

Re: Opinions please!

Post by Daddy cool »

adrianamum2 wrote:DD scored 325.641 for CSSE and 106.45 for CCHS.
It seems your daughter qualifies for going on the waiting list for Colchester, Westcliff and Southend. Guess it all depends on if she feels inclined to commute those kind of distances each day were she to be offered. I know my son is not as we already had that conversation, and I very much support him in that. So if he is not offered a place locally at a grammar he is content to attend a local non-selective. Having toured two it felt as though they had some quite impressive facilities. I have no idea what 106.45 means in context to CCHS.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

adrianamum2 wrote:DD scored 325.641 for CSSE and 106.45 for CCHS.
Just from the convenience side of things, I would say put CCHS first, even if your DD might be on the waiting list initially. Unless either you or she hate CCHS (in which case, put a / all of the CSSE schools first, then local comprehensive) or like CCHS but have really fallen in love with one of the other schools (in which case; whichever CSSE school first then a backstop of CCHS).
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
anagar79

Post by anagar79 »

I guess she will be OK for CCHS. May not get a place on the national allocation day but she will be hopefully get-in through the waiting list.
adrianamum2

Post by adrianamum2 »

anagar79 wrote:I guess she will be OK for CCHS. May not get a place on the national allocation day but she will be hopefully get-in through the waiting list.
We're hopeful! It's gonna be a looong wait though! Fingers crossed!
dk2011

Post by dk2011 »

Following thread suggest that you stand a very good chance of getting a place on national allocation day itself.
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... &start=150" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

CCHS
i/c 105.8 offered
i/c 105.62 not offered (offered 15.3.17)
i/c 105.31 not offered (1st on the w/l offered 16.3.17)
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now