Essex Schools

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Mum05

Essex Schools

Post by Mum05 »

My son got 313. which school does he qualify for Essex.
ToadMum

Re: Essex Schools

Post by ToadMum »

Mum05 wrote:My son got 313. which school does he qualify for Essex.

If you are in the priority admissions area for Southend, then WHSB or SHSB (or Shoeburyness, or possibly St Thomas More, but you may still have to be RC for that?). Not KEGS or CRGS, though, or WHSB / SHSB if OOC.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mum05

Post by Mum05 »

l am out of catchment and we are Roman Catholic. How many points do you need for the out of catchment
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Mum05 wrote:l am out of catchment and we are Roman Catholic. How many points do you need for the out of catchment
Admission details are on the website

http://www.st-thomasmore.southend.sch.u ... rangements

They have 'open days' coming up on Thursday and Friday, but you have to book (look on the Home page of the website).

Nearest railway station is Chalkwell on the C2C line, about a 25 minute walk. Or Rayleigh on the Greater Anglia line, then bus to Kent Elms and a 10/15 minute walk.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mum05

Post by Mum05 »

l am currently out of the country back on the 31st of October will need a lot of help from the forum to select a school.
Daddy cool

Post by Daddy cool »

Mum05 wrote:l am currently out of the country back on the 31st of October will need a lot of help from the forum to select a school.
Guess it also depends how far your child is willing to travel each day. A good place to start is the latest 2018 guidance sheet: https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 15&t=52514" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Where is your DS at the moment? If he is here, could the person looking after him not take him to look at Tommy More's?

What about local schools - surely you went to the open days there as well as putting your DS in for an exam which may not result in a school place?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

OP, I'm sure you don't mean to sound demanding, but that is how it comes across. No-one on this forum can be responsible for deciding which schools you should put on the CAF, as we don't know your child or your personal circumstances. All the research should really have been done before the exams. My advice would be to list the schools your DC qualified for & liked best, as long as they are a reasonable journey. As a tie-breaker use ease of journey to decide, or after school clubs your child will be wanting to attend (as long as they can get home easily afterwards). I'm sure if you have specific questions about particular schools people will be very willing to help - it might be a better way of approaching it, rather than such broad and abrupt questions.
scary mum
Stroller

Post by Stroller »

Mum05 wrote:l am currently out of the country back on the 31st of October will need a lot of help from the forum to select a school.
You obviously have Internet access, so I suggest you start searching and reading.
If you don’t bother, your local authority will make the choice for you.
Buying online? Please support music at TGS. No cost to you. Fundraising makes a difference.

Tiffin Girls' School has a designated area; see the determined admission arrangements. Use the journey planner. Note the Admissions timetable and FAQs.
Mum05

Post by Mum05 »

l am new to this grammar school era...hence joined the forum to help guide me to making the right choice for my son....so we do not miss out on all options and opportunities available for him. Hence the many questions.

The schools in Essex are 1hr 20 mins...from me. We have a good Catholic school close by the likelihood of him getting place is here. My dilemma is to put my son through the whole travelling...now it's comparing advantages of state and grammar school.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now