Results and pupil premium

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
shauny

Results and pupil premium

Post by shauny »

Hi, wonder if anybody could help me with a couple of questions.... firstly how does the pupil premium work? for example my child scored 214 but I think the schools take 30 pp children... how are those children picked? If there are more than 30 pupil premium children getting the qualifying score how does it work? Also took the queens Mary’s test but doesn’t qualify for pp as I am able to work now, what score do you think would be enough this year? Thank you for your help
helen0209

Re: Results and pupil premium

Post by helen0209 »

shauny wrote:Hi, wonder if anybody could help me with a couple of questions.... firstly how does the pupil premium work? for example my child scored 214 but I think the schools take 30 pp children... how are those children picked? If there are more than 30 pupil premium children getting the qualifying score how does it work? Also took the queens Mary’s test but doesn’t qualify for pp as I am able to work now, what score do you think would be enough this year? Thank you for your help
Hi Shauny, you need to have ticked the PP box on the appplication prior to your DC sitting the test for them to even be considered. From my understanding, PP remains with a child for 6 years, so is irrelevant if you are now working.

Scoring works in the same way as non PP. They will look at all PP children and the top 30 scores will secure a place. The rest will go on a waiting list, who will be determined by score and then distance.

Hope that helps.
shauny

Post by shauny »

Thank you for replying, I did tick the box for pupil premium. The queen Mary exam I couldn’t because it was only if I was pp at the time of the test which I wasn’t. So if a child scored 250 and they qualified for pp they would be one of the 30 given a pp place? Thank you
shauny

Post by shauny »

Or is it the children that don’t get the score needed without pp. thanks
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Which school are you looking at? May be easier to answer the question with specifics?
shauny

Post by shauny »

Bishop Vesey or maybe Aston.... I live in Castle Brom if that makes a difference. Thanks
helen0209

Post by helen0209 »

Unfortunately there is very little info historically on this forum about lowest entry for PP. However, when we were at the open morning at KEA on Monday I’m pretty sure they said it was 208 or 207 for 2017 entry. I would advise calling the school tomorrow to confirm. They did say that they would put the slides on their website, but I can’t seem to find them.

BV went down to 215 for non-PP, so 214 as PP should be in with a good chance. Again, call them to confirm.
Healey

Post by Healey »

shauny wrote:Thank you for replying, I did tick the box for pupil premium. The queen Mary exam I couldn’t because it was only if I was pp at the time of the test which I wasn’t. So if a child scored 250 and they qualified for pp they would be one of the 30 given a pp place? Thank you
I thought pp lasted for 6 years. It does not matter if you are now a millionaire or won the lottery, once pp registered it lasts for 6 golden years. I have friends who are very wealthy and got in grammar schools under pp, legally but some may consider unethically (tax evasion -v- tax avoidance).

Also, pp may be considered at the point of application of school places (CAF) and not the date of the test.

I think you should check.
mad?

Post by mad? »

Does anybody else think that Healey sounds a lot like Amit Matalia?
mad?
Fatnorville

Post by Fatnorville »

mad? wrote:Does anybody else think that Healey sounds a lot like Amit Matalia?
To me he sounds like Gideon. He was reasonable fair and balanced. I miss that guy.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now