Standardised score for Nonsuch Wallington 2018 entry

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Kaybeecee

Standardised score for Nonsuch Wallington 2018 entry

Post by Kaybeecee »

Hi people,
Congratulations to all who have passed the second level exams for Nonsuch and Wallington! DD has passed with standardised score of 278. We are within catchment. I would like to get a realistic idea about whether I can expect her to get an offer from any of the schools. I do understand that it is not a very high score hence the question. What is the lowest score they send offers to? Can anyone, who know how the system works, comment on this pls? Thanks in advance for your replies! Cheers!
squareofthewicket

Re: Standardised score for Nonsuch Wallington 2018 entry

Post by squareofthewicket »

Kaybeecee wrote:Hi people,
Congratulations to all who have passed the second level exams for Nonsuch and Wallington! DD has passed with standardised score of 278. We are within catchment. I would like to get a realistic idea about whether I can expect her to get an offer from any of the schools. I do understand that it is not a very high score hence the question. What is the lowest score they send offers to? Can anyone, who know how the system works, comment on this pls? Thanks in advance for your replies! Cheers!
Hello Kaybeecee
refer to this thread - https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 30&t=52492" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false; for the information you seek.
Kaybeecee

Post by Kaybeecee »

Thanks for the direction squareofthewicket. Just took a look.. someone has said 288 IC so I don't think we stand a chance. Happy that she passed atleast. Cheers!
Alldonemum

Post by Alldonemum »

The scores given on this forum for last year are just those people who actually posted, there are of course many who don't, so no one actually knows the cuts offs for last year!

For info, my daughter scored 265 IC last year and was offered a Nonsuch place on 1st March (she is in Year 7 now). I hope this gives hope to those whose daughters scored at the lower end of the range.
Kaybeecee

Post by Kaybeecee »

Alldonemum, thanks for this reply! Much appreciated at this point of time! I will remain hopeful then! I have a few more questions, pls can I message you privately?
Alldonemum

Post by Alldonemum »

Yes please do.
Sunshine_girls

Post by Sunshine_girls »

Thanks 'Alldonemum' for posting DD's score.It will help many.
annaMc

Post by annaMc »

Alldonemum wrote:The scores given on this forum for last year are just those people who actually posted, there are of course many who don't, so no one actually knows the cuts offs for last year!

For info, my daughter scored 265 IC last year and was offered a Nonsuch place on 1st March (she is in Year 7 now). I hope this gives hope to those whose daughters scored at the lower end of the range.
Many thanks for this information. So she got an offer on offer day, not on the waiting list.

Do you happen to know what the lowest score to pass was when your daughter sat the exam?

My daughter only got 257 (11 above the lowest score) and we presumed there is no hope whatsoever of a place, even on the waiting list.

Thanks again.
Kaybeecee

Post by Kaybeecee »

annaMc, with what I see in the forums, last year's "Lowest standardised total score which PASSED" was 250, if that was what you were asking about.
This is not a cut-off score.
Last edited by Kaybeecee on Wed Oct 18, 2017 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Pinkey

Post by Pinkey »

Dear all, I just want to state the obvious (which we all know, no doubt) - we have no idea about the 'distribution' of scores this year or last year (ie what was the mean/mode/median score last yr vs this yr among IC and OOC DDs). Hence, it is very difficult to make decisions based on the cut-off scores from last yr, but I guess we're all using it as a guide only.