Results release date BRGS??? 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Joy smith

Results release date BRGS??? 2017

Post by Joy smith »

Does anyone know the results release date BRGS?
Balloo

Re: Results release date BRGS???

Post by Balloo »

Hi, the website says we should have them by next Thursday but i'm hoping it's earlier. Are you in area? We aren't and are really nervous. Good luck x
Joy smith

Post by Joy smith »

Is it 26th. I am out of catchment. Same feeling. Do you know the pass mark out of total score. No idea about the total score. But someone mentioned 80% ooc. Thanks.
Balloo

Post by Balloo »

Hi, i was told by another parent to aim for 80% to get them in when ooc but i believe it can change year on year depending on the general results. I've also been told but don't know how true it is that some parents use brgs as a mock for other private schools so being below 30 on the waiting list is good. I suppose it's all gossip in a way. The website says parents will be told by the 26th so i'm hoping it's earlier, i think i'm more nervous than my son. He said he found the English section the most difficult. We are based in Norden so i really hope he gets in as our local schools aren't the best x have you heard anything else in relation to result dates? X
Joy smith

Post by Joy smith »

My son said the same thing about the exam. And much easier than trafford exams. He passed all trafford exam. Anxiously waiting this. I'm in Sudden. Someone told me with the results they send offer letter don't know it's true. Hope it comes this week. All the best to your son.
Balloo

Post by Balloo »

From what i've read on the website they send you a letter to say if your child reached the required standard and they are willing to give your child a place, if they met the standard and are on the waiting list and roughly where on the list or if they didn't reach the standard. If they did or are on the wl you still have to apply to Rochdale (i'm assuming that's your childs la) by the 31st placing BRGS as first choice for your childs secondary school. They then have to agree and confirm in March. You can apply for your childs results ib March too but rather than their actual score you get a percentage above/below the required mark for English and Maths. I don't think they give you the VR as it's age standardised. How did you and your child like the Trafford schools in comparrison? We didn't look at those as too impractical for him to travel by himself. If you get the choice would you prefer BRGS or Trafford? Good luck to your child too. I was wondering if they will post Friday as half term next week x
Lrc2012

Post by Lrc2012 »

Just worth bearing in mind it's not half term in lancs schools including BRGS until the week after. So could still be next week. Hope not, hate the waiting!
Balloo

Post by Balloo »

Lrc2012, thanks. Fingers crossed. This week is gonna be a long one! X
Lrc2012

Post by Lrc2012 »

No problem. Good luck to everyone waiting anxiously!
Joy smith

Post by Joy smith »

Phoned the school. Said it's 26th.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now