Rainham Grammer School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Medway

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

SNR01

Rainham Grammer School

Post by SNR01 »

Hi, my son scored 598 in Medway test and I am looking to apply for Rainham grammer school. We live outside Medway. Is anyone know what is the cut off marks for this school.
didledad

Re: Rainham Grammer School

Post by didledad »

SNR01,
Congratulations on your sons excellent score.
Unfortunately Rainham Mark Grammar School for September 2018 entry no longer select by rank score, adopting primarily though not exclusively distance based criteria.
Thus unless your son has an existing sibling already at the school, or you live in one of the many villages adjacent to the Medway Towns, the chances of meeting the new oversubscription criteria are I would suggest very slim.
However, I would phone and speak to the Schools' Admissions Team, as this is the first year the new criteria apply.
Last edited by didledad on Thu Oct 19, 2017 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
gravesendgal

Post by gravesendgal »

Am I the only one that thinks it’s really weird that ‘folk’ don’t know the admission criteria inside out for the schools which their children have sat tests for?!

I wouldn’t not be putting my child through the stress unless I knew it was possible to gain a place in one of those schools.... or that I was intending to consider a school in that area?

While at RGS on Saturday I was stopped by a random woman asking me about how to get to the school from woolwich?! Wouldn’t you have looked at this before getting to an open day?
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

gravesendgal wrote:Am I the only one that thinks it’s really weird that ‘folk’ don’t know the admission criteria inside out for the schools which their children have sat tests for?!

I wouldn’t not be putting my child through the stress unless I knew it was possible to gain a place in one of those schools.... or that I was intending to consider a school in that area?

While at RGS on Saturday I was stopped by a random woman asking me about how to get to the school from woolwich?! Wouldn’t you have looked at this before getting to an open day?
Surely she had found out how to get there, if she was there to be able to ask you how to get there... :?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
SNR01

Post by SNR01 »

Thank you didledad