SS0-SS9 GIRLS in catchment pass number

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
proud_parent

SS0-SS9 GIRLS in catchment pass number

Post by proud_parent »

I've seen a topic 'SS0-SS9 boys in catchment pass number' which has very useful information about BOYS schools for this year and the last few years about IC and OOC for different schools.

Does anyone have any similar information about girls schools within Southend area?

Thanks in advance
ToadMum

Re: SS0-SS9 GIRLS in catchment pass number

Post by ToadMum »

proud_parent wrote:I've seen a topic 'SS0-SS9 boys in catchment pass number' which has very useful information about BOYS schools for this year and the last few years about IC and OOC for different schools.

Does anyone have any similar information about girls schools within Southend area?

Thanks in advance
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 10#p643050
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Mumof333

Post by Mumof333 »

Hi I went to the Wedtcliff and Southend information meetings.

Dr. Hayman said his calculations are that there were only 242 girls that passed ic.
But 20 more than last year. So all girls with 303 would get into one of the two schools.
There were however parents ready to move house if their scores were not high enough!!

Also that he suspects the Westcliff mark to be first offered around 329
Southend at 325 but that eventually by September it may have gone down to 319 as In a place somewhere in one of the two schools. But does not expect it to drop any lower for ooc.
OrangeSport

Post by OrangeSport »

That does seem quite a lot..
Chocoholic83

Post by Chocoholic83 »

Mumof333 wrote:Hi I went to the Wedtcliff and Southend information meetings.

Dr. Hayman said his calculations are that there were only 242 girls that passed ic.
But 20 more than last year. So all girls with 303 would get into one of the two schools.
There were however parents ready to move house if their scores were not high enough!!

Also that he suspects the Westcliff mark to be first offered around 329
Southend at 325 but that eventually by September it may have gone down to 319 as In a place somewhere in one of the two schools. But does not expect it to drop any lower for ooc.
So Dr Hayman suspects cut off score to be lower this year for OOC compared to last, despite increase in IC places to be filled. Cut offs in 2016:

SHSG 325.441 (Offer day)
323.218 (By September)

WHSG 333.9 (Offer day)
321 (By September)
RomfordDad

Post by RomfordDad »

Chocoholic83 wrote: So Dr Hayman suspects cut off score to be lower this year for OOC compared to last, despite increase in IC places to be filled.
And what was his rationale?
Mumof333

Post by Mumof333 »

I don’t know. He said they had been through all the data and these are his predictions. But they are just predictions.
RomfordDad

Post by RomfordDad »

Mumof333 wrote:I don’t know. He said they had been through all the data and these are his predictions. But they are just predictions.
Hmmm, that's not very useful, is it? Why say something like that without backing it up?
Mumof333

Post by Mumof333 »

He did explain but I just took notes. I can’t remember everything exactly and the way they work things out is very complex. It took me two hours yesterday to work out how they standardise.
RomfordDad

Post by RomfordDad »

Mumof333 wrote:He did explain but I just took notes. I can’t remember everything exactly and the way they work things out is very complex.
Aaaah, ok, that's different then. Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now