Out of catchment for Dartford grammar school - boys

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
shaheensayed1

Out of catchment for Dartford grammar school - boys

Post by shaheensayed1 »

Hi All, I am in such a dilemma, we are about 12 miles distance from DGS and wonder if with a score of 390 we might be able to secure a place?

Thanks so much

S
salsa

Re: Out of catchment for Dartford grammar school - boys

Post by salsa »

shaheensayed1 wrote:Hi All, I am in such a dilemma, we are about 12 miles distance from DGS and wonder if with a score of 390 we might be able to secure a place?

Thanks so much

S
Hi
The score goes up every year, but it was 387 on the first round last year. You mentioned you are out of catchment, but are you in Kent?
If you really like DGS, put it as your first choice and hopefully the scores don't go up a lot this year. Last year it jumped from 374 to 387.

Good luck,

Salsa
shaheensayed1

Post by shaheensayed1 »

We are in deptford in se8. The jump of scores since few years has been a lot so I'm not sure if we will get through :-(
chg-2003

Post by chg-2003 »

Hi, distance doesn't matter - its purely down to score for the OOC places. If you like the school its certainly worth listing it - no-one knows what this year's cut-off will be, and it will no doubt drop a little as the waiting list moves. Good luck - it is a great school.
salsa

Post by salsa »

chg-2003 wrote:Hi, distance doesn't matter - its purely down to score for the OOC places. If you like the school its certainly worth listing it - no-one knows what this year's cut-off will be, and it will no doubt drop a little as the waiting list moves. Good luck - it is a great school.
+ 1, well done to your son. There are other Deptford boys going to the school. About 35 minutes by train.

Salsa
RoboR

Post by RoboR »

+3 it certainly is a great school, well done to your son as that's a great score, I would certainly put it 1st but do bear in mind the train costs and travel time. But there are loads of boys (and girls from dggs) that take the same train.

Good luck !
Hopeful123***

Post by Hopeful123*** »

From what I've read you stand a great chance. Well done to our DS, that's a great score! I've heard DGS is a fantastic school.
The Lamp Post

Post by The Lamp Post »

I would say put it down, but take into account more people passed from OOC so make sure you have a plan B
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now