CAF order of preference

Discussion of the 11 Plus

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
MCLC

CAF order of preference

Post by MCLC »

Hi all,

If you have 6 schools on your list (grammars) and end up getting your last choice does that mean you will end up on the waiting lists for each of the schools which you didn't get allocated?

Thanks!
RuedeWakening

Re: CAF order of preference

Post by RuedeWakening »

Yes. If you are not allocated your first choice, you are automatically placed on the waiting list of any schools above the one you are offered. You can also request to be placed on the waiting list of schools not on your CAF after offer day. Some LAs place limits on how many waiting lists you can be on at a time though, so it's worth checking that out.

The waiting lists I think have to be maintained until Christmas, after that it's at the discretion of the school.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

Thank you for replying.
catcool

Post by catcool »

That is not necessary true. It depends on the grammar. If you child did not achieve the pass mark/cut off score the grammars may not put you on the waiting if you did not qualify. Depends on school, and the area. .
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

In Bucks I believe you have to ask to go on the waiting list. Where are you, OP?
scary mum
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

catcool wrote:That is not necessary true. It depends on the grammar. If you child did not achieve the pass mark/cut off score the grammars may not put you on the waiting if you did not qualify. Depends on school, and the area. .
That is true. You do have the right of appeal for any school which rejected you, though, even if the season for rejection was not having passed the entrance exam.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

scary mum wrote:In Bucks I believe you have to ask to go on the waiting list.
Bucks is automatic, although I'm not sure that was always the case. https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... ing-lists/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I'm sure that there are areas where the process is not automatic, but hopefully that will be made clear when the initial allocation is made.
MCLC

Post by MCLC »

I'm in London (Wandsworth borough). DD has qualified for the grammars.