Wilmington Grammar School for Girls catchment area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bigsis

Wilmington Grammar School for Girls catchment area

Post by bigsis »

Hi everyone,

Would anyone have any insight into how far out Wilmington for Girls is likely to go this year? We live in Bexleyheath (3.21 miles from WGGS as the crow flies) and as my sister has passed the Kent test but not the Bexley test it is our best hope for her.

From what I have seen/ heard it seems to me that less in county children have passed the Bexley test, so I feel this may increase the pressure on Kent grammar schools this year? This may be completely inaccurate however, as I can only speak for the primary schools in my local area.

The Lamp Post

Re: Wilmington Grammar School for Girls catchment area

Post by The Lamp Post »

Interestingly the number of girls who passed IC Dartford is same (give or take) but boy passes IC Dartford jumped by 28. so presumabely less places for OC for boys and the same number for OC for girls. Thats the good news, the bad news is that there has been a 30% jump in OC passes so that will impact distance
bigsis

Post by bigsis »

Thanks The Lamp Post, that's interesting to know. I guess we can only make an application and see. My sister really likes WGGS, but also likes her local comp which is a saving grace.
The Lamp Post

Post by The Lamp Post »

Yes you should go for it, 3.21miles isn't far
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

The year my friend’s DD applied to WGGS, for entry in Sep 2015 she didn’t think there was much chance but that was the year they unexpectedly put in a bulge class and her DD got a place and she is thriving there. You never know. If you have the space on your CAF, put it down - and good luck!
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now