KES school day

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Razor

KES school day

Post by Razor »

Hi there. Hope someone can help...we were lucky enough that our DS scored well and has a good chance of being accepted to KES now. Part of the decision is logistics and absolutely nowhere can I find the daily timetable or just start/end times for the school day there. With it being half term I'm not sure we will get a response from KES; can anyone let me know the daily start and end times if possible so we can sort CAF?!
Many thanks!
purplelilacs

Re: KES school day

Post by purplelilacs »

Registration is at 8.50am and the last period of the day finishes at 3.55pm.
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

After school curriculum tends to finish around 5.30/6pm (such as sports training) - obviously this is not compulsory but can include sport/orchestra/drama. Evening meetings/events tend to start at 7pm (except for Parents Evenings that start any time from 5.15/5.30 in order to try and get as many people getting slots as possible!)
daddyof2

Post by daddyof2 »

KCG - Based on your DSs experiences, would you be able to estimate how much of this after school curriculum is in Year 7? A firend's DS at Year 8 in KES now seemed to think that most of the extra curricular in the first year was during the lunch hour and he was able to get the school bus on most days of the year after school. If that's the case, fingers crossed if DS does get in KES & then manages to get a seat on the bus from Cov, I think we can manage the logistics with the odd pick up once a week until he is old enough to get the public bus back on his own..
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Certainly sport training after school starts from Y7, as does any orchestra/ensemble stuff (as they are cross school), and drama productions are also cross school. Your son may or may not be interested in all or any of these, of course, but they are part of the school fabric, so I hope he would be involved in something!

Yes, there are also a lot of lunch clubs. Matches for Y7 tend to take place in their Friday afternoon games sessions (not Saturday mornings) but this does mean, if they are playing away, that by the time the coach gets back to Stratford they may well have missed their school bus. I think in Y7 I was picking up maybe twice a week - this is more normally 4 times a week now!!!
Razor

Post by Razor »

That's really helpful all, thanks very much
Moguie

Post by Moguie »

There probably would be an opportunity for lift share for such things once established?
daddyof2

Post by daddyof2 »

Thanks KCG and others for the responses. After much deliberation since results day, the CAF is now submitted with KES as the first choice. Now wait with everything crossed untill March 1.