CAF: distance from home

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Blue_Marigold

CAF: distance from home

Post by Blue_Marigold »

There is a check box for each school saying distance from home. What is the criteria for being able to tick that box?

Thanks,

BM
Blue_Marigold

Re: CAF: distance from home

Post by Blue_Marigold »

I’ve looked through the ‘How to fill in the online form’ and I still can’t find the answer. Does anyone know?

I recently had to apply for a passport and it was less stressful than this :(

BM
Pinky1405

Post by Pinky1405 »

I just read it as a box to tick to confirm you have considered the distance and the previous allocation distances to that school. I didn't think there was specific criteria. I have picked three schools and all are reasonable travel distances from home....... I'm still dithering because, though we have a clear no 1 choice, we have a very good comprehensive very near to our house and I can't find a good enough reason to put another grammar school second!!!
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

You can tick that box because you feel like it, no-one actually analyses the form!
In practice if your common sense says “that’s easy”, tick the bix.

I think the tickyboxes are simply to garner vague info for why parents have put achool down, and may be a historical overhang from before formalised criteria for admission, different to each school, were introduced.

Our DD’s CAF we ticked the “easy distance” to the schools within walking distance: but we know that as “can child walk here” doesn’t feature in any admission criteria, it won’t affect what she is allocated (as opposed to cachement distance, which will.)
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

Thanks. I ticked all the ones I think we are close to that we would have got in on distance last year.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now