Beaconsfield Allocations

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

AnotherParent

Beaconsfield Allocations

Post by AnotherParent »

Hi All,

Congratulations to all Parents and kids who got qualified for Bucks.

We currently Live in Reading and my DD qualified in Bucks test as well. So while making list of preferences Beckys girls is one of it.

As I am finding mixed information, I just want to know-

Allocations to Beaconsfield High School, are they based on only Marks or Marks + Designated Area.?

What chances will we have to get into this school?

Please help
Guest55

Re: Beaconsfield Allocations

Post by Guest55 »

They are based on straight line distance once you have qualfied. You can check recent allocation distances, which change from year to year here:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 12&t=50694" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Aethel

Post by Aethel »

None of the Bucks grammars have any score based allocation.

This was made obvious on the emails you received from Bucks CC when you registered for the tests, and is in every Grammar Schools’ admission criteria.

Please tell all your friends also, as the message needs to get across that all
Bucks schools are entirely distance based.
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

I doubt anyone gets into a Bucks school from Reading any more, but check the allocations to confirm for yourself. There used to be the odd one or two from my DDs primary that got into Burnham quite a few years ago, but not in recent years.

As already said, once qualified, score counts for nothing, it is all about the catchment/distance.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Aethel wrote:None of the Bucks grammars have any score based allocation.

This was made obvious on the emails you received from Bucks CC when you registered for the tests, and is in every Grammar Schools’ admission criteria.

Please tell all your friends also, as the message needs to get across that all
Bucks schools are entirely distance based.
+1
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

Tinkers wrote:I doubt anyone gets into a Bucks school from Reading any more, but check the allocations to confirm for yourself. There used to be the odd one or two from my DDs primary that got into Burnham quite a few years ago, but not in recent years.

As already said, once qualified, score counts for nothing, it is all about the distance.
Sorry to quote you Tinkers but I just wanted to say it’s not just distance- it’s catchment and then distance.

I know it sounds like I’m splitting hairs but it does make a difference.

I’m catchment for SWBGS (where my children are) but there are some out of catchment areas which are closer then me but would be further down the allocation pile.

The majority of Bucks schools (that I know of) allocate roughly along these lines:

Looked after children
Children with EHCP
Catchment siblings
Catchment
OOC siblings
OOC

Each subset is prioritised by distance so for instance SWBGS for the last two years has offered all looked after / EHCP / Catchment siblings and then catchment to 3 Miles.

On a separate note are people really still asking if score makes a difference to Bucks allocations?!? Why sit a test without finding out the rules?
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

+1

The level of ignorance of the Bucks system seems to increase each year, despite it all being very clear on school and council websites. It continues to amaze me that people from out of area have the wherewithal to register for, prepare for, travel to and sit the tests but don't take the small effort required to understand something as fundamental as how places are allocated. They then take the trouble to create an account and post here to ask for help.

Seriously, how hard is it to Google "Bucks grammar school admissions" and read a little?
mgm3

Post by mgm3 »

hi,
On a slightly different note.. if possible please could someone provide information on the commuting options from Taplow/Burnam area to Beconsfield High school ?

THanks
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Why not BGS? A much more sensible journey.
AnotherParent

Post by AnotherParent »

Hi AnotherDad, Thanks for your Suggestions and also note that we have done such efforts and the more you see the more you confused. So if you don't have time for people like me .. please ignore us. Don't bother to post any comment.

Hello Others, Thanks for your time and suggestion.

The confusion I am in from the information I found on the websites allocation process only - in addition to what others mentioned on sequence of allocations -
What I found on Council site-

5. How we allocate school places

Once you have submitted your application we start the process of finding your child a school place according to our Scheme and each school’s admission rules.

Step 1 - We look at the preferences made by our parents including grammar schools if your child is qualified.

Step 2 - We tell other LAs about applications for their schools made by our parents and other LAs tell us about applications for Buckinghamshire schools made by their parents.

Step 3 - We put your child on the list for the schools on your application, in admission rules order.

Step 4 - We allocate places up to the Admission Number for each of our schools.

Step 5 - We tell other LAs which of their children can be offered places at our schools and other LAs tell us which of our children can be offered places at their schools.

Step 6 - It will be possible to allocate more than one place to many children, so we keep the allocation for the school you listed higher on your application. Any other places are freed up for other children.

Step 7 - Steps 4, 5 and 6 are repeated over and over again until we have allocated everyone the highest preference that we can.

Step 8 - On 1 March 2018 we let our parents know which school has been offered for their child. Other LAs will write to their parents. Where we cannot offer a place that preference will be refused.

--- So Nowhere it mentioned about only catchment or Other County people shouldn't apply.

Especially in case of Schools like Wycombe High School(WHS), even last year allocations show OOC people got a place there. My only doubt will be Is there any change for this Year? - If you are aware of such change please let us know else Please ignore.

Finally, I know few Kids who go to WHS from Reading /Earley Areas.

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now