Bucks Allocation - Hounslow

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

abhivirtara

Bucks Allocation - Hounslow

Post by abhivirtara »

From what I understand, Hounslow is too far for any of the Bucks (catchment or even out of catchment) principles.
Wondered if anyone had any experience of securing a place in Bucks from Hounslow? The idea is to move once a place is allocated as opposed to travelling daily.
Thanks for your help
mad?

Re: Bucks Allocation - Hounslow

Post by mad? »

abhivirtara wrote:From what I understand, Hounslow is too far for any of the Bucks (catchment or even out of catchment) principles.
Wondered if anyone had any experience of securing a place in Bucks from Hounslow? The idea is to move once a place is allocated as opposed to travelling daily.
Thanks for your help
Your initial understanding is correct. The admissions policies of the Bucks schools are quite clear in this regard and moving post allocation is not an option. I am concerned that you (and many other posters this year) do not seem to be aware of this from your school visits and research and, forgive the intrusion, I wonder if you have been led to believe by someone that Bucks might be an option. I ask because it feels as if parents are being given what might be best be described as disingenuous information and if a company/tutoring outfit/school is doing this then they need to be stopped. Good luck with everything.
mad?
11plusparents

Post by 11plusparents »

you can find information on various allocation rounds in the below link. The cut-off dates to move into bucks for various rounds is listed as well.
Bucks doesn't publish allocation details after second round but places do become available. The best option is to move permanently into bucks and provide evidence before 1st March 2018 to be considered for second round allocation.

https://www.buckscc.gov.uk/services/edu ... on-rounds/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Very few places - one or two - become available and these might not be at the 'right' school.

Please put a local school on your CAF so you don't end up with an unpopular school with places.
anotherdad

Post by anotherdad »

mad? wrote:I wonder if you have been led to believe by someone that Bucks might be an option. I ask because it feels as if parents are being given what might be best be described as disingenuous information and if a company/tutoring outfit/school is doing this then they need to be stopped.
I wonder about this too. Is it just the usual school-gate myths and rumours or are there unscrupulous tutors way out of area happy to offer their services and accept money knowing full well it's a waste of time for Bucks? Or perhaps those tutors are ignorant of the admissions policies, too? Either way, they're not people I'd be giving my money to.
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Many of my friends that live in Reading / Early firmly believe that they can gain a GS place in Bucks if their child scores high enough in the test. And their DCs are being tutored but by variety of different tutoring companies, so I doubt that they are getting the wrong message from them. From experience, their ignorance is based on knowing someone who got into X, Y or Z Bucks school, their parents telling the entire world that they scored xx in their test and people get the impression that it's like the Slough schools where admittance is based on their DC ranking within the cohort.

And this has been bugging me, but is Burnham Grammar school in catchment for Reading folks?
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

No it isn't, but for a long time pupils travelled there from Reading (reasonable train journey)) as BGS usually went to "all offered". Children wouldn't get in from there now.
scary mum
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

Duplicate post deleted
Last edited by scary mum on Tue Oct 24, 2017 1:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
scary mum
BlueBerry

Post by BlueBerry »

Thanks, that's what I thought too. But someone that I know tells me that it is and has been in correspondence with Bucks CC about this and has apparently submitted her son's details to the admissions team just after registering for the test :?
kittymum

Post by kittymum »

BlueBerry wrote: And this has been bugging me, but is Burnham Grammar school in catchment for Reading folks?
No the catchment ends the other side of slough - map here (scroll down)

http://www.burnhamgrammar.org.uk/228/admissions