CAF query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Hopeful123***

CAF query

Post by Hopeful123*** »

Am I right in thinking the order in which I put schools on my CAF doesn't affect my chances of getting them? In other words, if I put BGS first, followed by C&S, if I don't get BGS my chances of getting C&S aren't jeopardised because it's placed second?

Thanks
hermanmunster

Re: CAF query

Post by hermanmunster »

That is correct
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Absolutely. Good to have a ‘banker’ that you are pretty certain of getting but you don’t ‘have’ to put a non-grammar if scores and catchments are pretty certain. So many people told me ‘you must put your catchment comp down’ but it wasn’t relevant to our scenario and may or may not be relevant to your scenario.
Catjellycat

Post by Catjellycat »

Can I piggyback on to this to ask if a passport counts as proof of dob? God knows where the birth certificate is...
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

Catjellycat wrote:Can I piggyback on to this to ask if a passport counts as proof of dob? God knows where the birth certificate is...
I would think so, but best check with the school/LA (which ever is asking for it).
However it doesn’t take long to get another BC, so as long as it doesn’t need to be before the CAF deadline that is an option.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Two years ago when we did this Bromley only accepted a statement from a the child benefit authority, even if you didn’t claim CB. It meant thousands of local residents calling up and getting a letter from the authorities. Doesn’t sound like the best use of public resources but then I am hopeful they had their reasons. I don’t know the Bexley requirements.
bondgirl

Post by bondgirl »

PettswoodFiona wrote:Two years ago when we did this Bromley only accepted a statement from a the child benefit authority, even if you didn’t claim CB. It meant thousands of local residents calling up and getting a letter from the authorities. Doesn’t sound like the best use of public resources but then I am hopeful they had their reasons. I don’t know the Bexley requirements.
Bromley still only accept this PWF. Complete waste of time and money!
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

bondgirl wrote:
PettswoodFiona wrote:Two years ago when we did this Bromley only accepted a statement from a the child benefit authority, even if you didn’t claim CB. It meant thousands of local residents calling up and getting a letter from the authorities. Doesn’t sound like the best use of public resources but then I am hopeful they had their reasons. I don’t know the Bexley requirements.
Bromley still only accept this PWF. Complete waste of time and money!
Sigh! Thanks for confirming bondgirl, not for my sake but that of others on this forum. I might raise it with my MP.
Samsy

Post by Samsy »

Hi, I notice that bromley applicants need to provide statements of child benefit . I am a bexley applicant but would be putting down newstead wood as my first choice, does anyone know if I need to provide any additional info other that what bexley borough requested.
PettswoodFiona

Post by PettswoodFiona »

My understanding is that you only need what your admissions authority require, in your case Bexley, plus any SIFs. In the case of NW the SIF forms part of the test application process so I don’t believe you have more to submit.