Cchs

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Nam

Cchs

Post by Nam »

Hi, I need some advice. My DD has scored 113.30 in CEM and 351.15 in CSSE. We are based in Gidea Park, Havering, hence Cchs is slightly closer to us than Westcliff and southend grammer schools. I am however unsure if her cem score is high enough for us to list cchs as first preference on the CAF.
Blitz

Re: Cchs

Post by Blitz »

If CCHS is your first preference school, put it first on your CAF and see what happens. You have six spaces on the CAF so it is worth a chance if that is the school you want.

Good luck.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Nam wrote:Hi, I need some advice. My DD has scored 113.30 in CEM and 351.15 in CSSE. We are based in Gidea Park, Havering, hence Cchs is slightly closer to us than Westcliff and southend grammer schools. I am however unsure if her cem score is high enough for us to list cchs as first preference on the CAF.
Last year, it wouldn't have been enough for a place, at least not whilst people were posting scorers on the forum

https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum ... 50#p629112

However, there is nothing to stop you ranking it first on your CAF, if is your true first preference. If you list any of the CSSE girls' grammar schools second, your DD would definitely get a place with that score, if you don't get CCHS on March 1st. You would then be on the waiting list for CCHS and be able to appeal as well (appeal not a route to rely on, though).

Crossed with Blitz :)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Nam

Post by Nam »

Thanks this is really helpful, if putting cchs first wont prejudice her chance of getting Whsg if she does not make it in cchs , then it is worth considering. I had another query, I missed the cchs open day. I only saw the school building from the outside when dropping DD off for the CEM exam, it appears to be on a small site. My DD and I were very impressed with Whsh Open day, from the facilities to headteacher talk. How do the two schools compare, and is cchs really better that Whsfg?
mad?

Post by mad? »

Hello Nam and welcome. Oddly over the years there have been many posters who have managed to get their Dd to the exam in Chelmsford but have not managed to visit the school. If you search the forum you will find lots of threads addressing your question. However, none of them will be able to tell you which is best for your child as obviously they do not know her. Good luck.
mad?
Nam

Post by Nam »

Thanks, I looked up the cchs vs whsg threads, they are helpful
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now