Results release date BRGS??? 2017

Eleven Plus (11+) in Lancashire & Cumbria

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Balloo

Re: Results release date BRGS???

Post by Balloo »

Aww, I'm glad it was good news and def worth the wait. I hope all the children that didn't get in are taking it well. I think knowing that the letters are out and it could go either way really brings it home. Enjoy the night guys, you can all breathe now lol. I'll let you know tomorrow x
Balloo

Post by Balloo »

Very relieved, my son got in too. Not much sleep last night x well done everyone x
Joy smith

Post by Joy smith »

Congratulations!!! Good news early morning. Worth waiting. Well done to all new BRGS pupils.
Lrc2012

Post by Lrc2012 »

Congratulations! You can relax now. Well done to everyone who sat, not an easy thing to go through at 10/11. Xx
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Glad to hear that the results have come out !

Congratulations to all those who got good news :D
fmgfmg

Post by fmgfmg »

Congratulations to all who got in!
I know of one boy who didn't get his letter yesterday and I've not heard from his mum today. This is my fourth child at the school and I've never known letters to come on different days before. Genuinely lost in the post maybe?
Carolyn Webb

Post by Carolyn Webb »

Joy smith wrote:Congratulations!!! Good news early morning. Worth waiting. Well done to all new BRGS pupils.
Hi, I know this is an old thread but wondering if you can tell me where the cut off point for BRGS was last year. My child came 210th this year and we are out of area, but the school won't give me any information on if we have a good chance of a place. Knowing about the cut off for last year would be really helpful. I assume the out of area children on this thread all must have come in the top 180 last year to know they had a place? Any comments would be welcome!
Carolyn Webb

Post by Carolyn Webb »

Balloo wrote:From what i've read on the website they send you a letter to say if your child reached the required standard and they are willing to give your child a place, if they met the standard and are on the waiting list and roughly where on the list or if they didn't reach the standard. If they did or are on the wl you still have to apply to Rochdale (i'm assuming that's your childs la) by the 31st placing BRGS as first choice for your childs secondary school. They then have to agree and confirm in March. You can apply for your childs results ib March too but rather than their actual score you get a percentage above/below the required mark for English and Maths. I don't think they give you the VR as it's age standardised. How did you and your child like the Trafford schools in comparrison? We didn't look at those as too impractical for him to travel by himself. If you get the choice would you prefer BRGS or Trafford? Good luck to your child too. I was wondering if they will post Friday as half term next week x
Hi, I know this thread is from last year but do you know what number they got down to on the list for offers last year? I heard anecdotally it was no lower than 190 ie. 10 waiting list places below the 180 places at the school. Any idea whether this is true?
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

I have not seen that info anywhere - you must bear in mind that many of the people in the top 180 may have travelled a distance and taken the exam "just in case". Some may have taken Ermysted's, others Clitheroe. They may then decide to put one of those schools higher on the form. It may be different with BRGS, for a school with 180 places only to go down the ranking to 190 would be very unusual.
Carolyn Webb

Post by Carolyn Webb »

hermanmunster wrote:I have not seen that info anywhere - you must bear in mind that many of the people in the top 180 may have travelled a distance and taken the exam "just in case". Some may have taken Ermysted's, others Clitheroe. They may then decide to put one of those schools higher on the form. It may be different with BRGS, for a school with 180 places only to go down the ranking to 190 would be very unusual.
BRGS told me recently that the highest rank an out of area child could get at BRGS is 181. But according to this thread on here fromlast year people from out of area seem to have been assured of places when the results came out, so presumably their children were in the top 180. Perhaps the system has changed from last year? The school is not helpful in general about giving information though. If there are all catchment children in the top 180 perhaps there is little movement in the list at BRGS?
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now