patricia

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
incegreen

patricia

Post by incegreen »

Patricia can you advice me as to what to do, who to contact regarding my daughters broken arm - see Practice Papers subject.
Many thanks
patricia

Post by patricia »

Dear Incegreen

One broken arm!

Your first port of call would be your schools headteacher, take with you copies of any Hospital/Doctors letters.....which must go on school file now. Might be a good idea to ask Dr to write a letter re pain/painkillers [ again get on file]

Your school will advise you if county need to be informed [ admit I do not know the answer]

This is the second post in a few days that I have asked the question......where is Etienne?

Etienne would be able to help on the possible appeal front.

Good Luck.....I wish your daughter a speedy recovery.

Patricia
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

Hi Patricia

I suspect Etienne must be away on holiday. I'll PM her to ask her to look at the Bucks forum when she returns and tell her how much we've missed her!!

Sally-Anne
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Hello

Have been away for nearly a fortnight (didn't think I'd be missed until December :o ).

The forum seems to have been hotting up with regard to 11+ preparation, and Patricia has been in demand!
incegreen wrote: Having gone through appeal last year with my son, i know they really need to be exceptional circumstances for them to back you - is my daughter execptional? :(
Incegreen is wise to be concerned about how strong the extenuating circumstances need to be, but it will depend on other factors at the time, e.g. how close to 121 the two scores are, how strong the alternative academic evidence is, etc.

Will be pleased to help in more detail December onwards, when all the facts are known. Please be sure to check the Q and As for general advice on appeals:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/11plus ... nswers.php
Then post any specific questions that are not covered by the Q and As to:
http://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/forum/ ... m.php?f=35

Meanwhile the precautionary advice from Patricia and Sally-Anne (here and in the other thread) is very sound.

Regards
Etienne
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now