New in Forum...pls help suggest

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

Varsha2017

New in Forum...pls help suggest

Post by Varsha2017 »

Hello everyone

Just found this forum today and registered.
I will go thru threads but just to ease my anxiety can anyone pls suggest -

We are in Southern priority in near Leamington and my son has scored 227.
In CAF i have put in KES, AGS, LSS , Ashlawn, 2 comprehensive schools as options. Is that a wise selection?
Also how does WL work and where to indicate if we need to be considered for same. thanks and regards.
Fatnorville

Re: New in Forum...pls help suggest

Post by Fatnorville »

No one here can saw whether this is a wise choice. I think there us a good chance based on what you say of getting into AGS and LSS if you apply.on time etc.

Only you and your family will know whether these are suitable schools for your DS.

Remember to factor in the commute time. If you are allocated LSS or Ashlawn is that commute feasible or fair to your DS? Again only you and your family can decide.

But based on what you say there is a good chance of being allocated a grammar school.

Sorry. Never looked at the WL process. This is well documented by WCC. Is there nothing in the allocations literature that can supply that information?
daddyof2

Post by daddyof2 »

As KCG posted on another thread, if your DS doesnt get allocated their first preference school they automatically go on to the waitlist for that and stay there untill end of December after they have been allocated one of their next preferences. It is then managed by WCC and you will need to get in touch with WCC to understand movement on the waiting list.
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

Fatnorville wrote:No one here can saw whether this is a wise choice. I think there us a good chance based on what you say of getting into AGS and LSS if you apply.on time etc.

Only you and your family will know whether these are suitable schools for your DS.

Remember to factor in the commute time. If you are allocated LSS or Ashlawn is that commute feasible or fair to your DS? Again only you and your family can decide.

But based on what you say there is a good chance of being allocated a grammar school.

Sorry. Never looked at the WL process. This is well documented by WCC. Is there nothing in the allocations literature that can supply that information?
thank you for your reply. To help ease his commute we can change address to support him better in future. That I believe should not alter his candidature if done after he has joined the school next Year Sep 2018.
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

daddyof2 wrote:As KCG posted on another thread, if your DS doesnt get allocated their first preference school they automatically go on to the waitlist for that and stay there untill end of December after they have been allocated one of their next preferences. It is then managed by WCC and you will need to get in touch with WCC to understand movement on the waiting list.
thank you. Yes understand now. Apologies yet to look into all threads.
krishuk

Post by krishuk »

Varsha2017 wrote:Hello everyone

In CAF i have put in KES, AGS, LSS , Ashlawn, 2 comprehensive schools as options. Is that a wise selection?
Also how does WL work and where to indicate if we need to be considered for same. thanks and regards.
Hi Varsha
Have you looked at the transport from Leamington if you get AGS.
Thanks
Varsha2017

Post by Varsha2017 »

krishuk wrote:
Varsha2017 wrote:Hello everyone

Hi Varsha
Have you looked at the transport from Leamington if you get AGS.
Thanks

May be this helps - https://apps.warwickshire.gov.uk/api/do ... CC-618-523" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;