Head teachers assessment after 11+ result is 2 points short

Consult our experts on 11 Plus appeals or any other type of school appeal

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

JanineP

Head teachers assessment after 11+ result is 2 points short

Post by JanineP »

My granddaughter took the Kent 11+ and attained a score of 368 ( well over the 320 pass mark) her individual scores were Vr 141/141, Maths 125/141 and English 104/141. Unfortunately 2 short of the pass mark. I believe Her Headteacher would have received the result at the beginning of October to collate the evidence to show she has always worked above her levels and the mark for English did not reflect this. This would then go to the Headteachers Panel to hopefully review the result. The headteacher states that she only received the e-mail at the same time as my granddaughter got her results on the 12th Oct. She sent off an appeal e-mail that day but was told it was too late. How do I find out the date that the email was sent to the headteacher saying my granddaughter was a borderline fail and needed a Headteachers Review.? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
hermanmunster

Re: Head teachers assessment after 11+ result is 2 points sh

Post by hermanmunster »

Is your daughter at a primary school in Kent?
JanineP

Post by JanineP »

She is at a primary in Heathfield which comes under the Kent Catchment Area...
FortyNinePence

Post by FortyNinePence »

I’d imagine as it’s East Sussex that the head isn’t used to the procedure. I’m pretty sure in Kent you can’t challenge the HTA process but what you can do is individually appeal to the school/s you are interested in, and explain that the head appealed too late.

If you can get the head to attend the individual appeal in person this adds weight to your argument. You will need to put any schools you want to appeal for on your CAF. Ensure you also put on your CAF a non selective that you’d accept if you’re not successful. Then accept the School you’ve been allocated on 1st March and lodge appeals at the ones that you want. You can’t appeal for a school you haven’t listed on your CAF and you can’t be accepted for a grammar school in Kent on 1 March or go on a waiting list unless you have passed the Kent Test/ HTA review.
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

I’m pretty sure in Kent you can’t challenge the HTA process but what you can do is individually appeal to the school/s you are interested in, and explain that the head appealed too late.
This sounds entirely right.
I don't think that complaining about a headteacher assessment - either because it didn't happen, or because it did happen and you didn't like the result - will achieve anything.

The answer is to go to appeal.
Etienne
JanineP

Post by JanineP »

Thank you all for the advice and I will now work out just exactly what I am going to do.
Sunilvsn

Post by Sunilvsn »

Hi there,

I am in same situation like yours. Can you please detail what happened to your appeal in the end? What evidence did you submit to make you case stronger. Any other help or ideas will really he appreciated. Cheers
hermanmunster

Post by hermanmunster »

Sunilvsn wrote:Hi there,

I am in same situation like yours. Can you please detail what happened to your appeal in the end? What evidence did you submit to make you case stronger. Any other help or ideas will really he appreciated. Cheers

This is quite an old thread and I am not sure that the people who posted on it are still visiting the forum
Etienne

Post by Etienne »

Lots of advice about appeals in the Q&As:
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... lification" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
https://www.elevenplusexams.co.uk/appea ... bed-school" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Etienne
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now