CAF help- SGS and WCGS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
thankyou123

CAF help- SGS and WCGS

Post by thankyou123 »

Hello :D
My DS passed SGS and WCGS but not Wilson's.
So I assume he did not get enough score from 2nd stage exam.

but as they did not give me DS' score, (I only know his wilson score, but it is far lower than cutoff score 480), I do not know if he has a chance to get a place at SGS?

Our first preference is SGS due to distance.
tiffinboys

Re: CAF help- SGS and WCGS

Post by tiffinboys »

It is always advised to put your true preferences in CAF. As you don't know the scores and preferences of other candidates, put SGS first as that seems to be your higher preference and then other schools like Wallington County etc. If you don't get SGS, but are eligible for your second choice, say WCGS, you will get that. And so on.

From your post, I infer that your DS has good score in SET and may have good chance in WCHS. But still in CAF, put your true preferences. You have nothing to lose.
Last edited by tiffinboys on Thu Oct 26, 2017 11:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
thankyou123

Post by thankyou123 »

Thank you tiffinboys. :D
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Don't forget that SGS only gives 60% to the second stage test whereas Wilsons give 80%. So a weaker second stage test will have more impact at Wilsons that Sutton - you may find that you're high enough for a place at Sutton. If it's your first choice (don't blame you, it's an excellent school) put it first on your CAF and hope for the best.
thankyou123

Post by thankyou123 »

Thank you streathammum.

I and my DS were quite disappointed when we found DS failed for Wilson's .
but it was not the reason he liked Wilson's but it was because we really like Sutton Grammar school..and we were scared that DS probably got bottom score for SGS .

so your advice is really helpful. I will be optimistic :)
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

The fact that your DS passed Wallington means that his SET score was not at the very bottom of those who sat for Sutton. I can appreciate that the Wilsons result is disappointing and does imply that his second stage exam wasn't as strong as his SET, but no need to abandon all hope yet. Some boys haven't passed either Sutton or Wilsons - you're definitely in a better position than them.

Submit the CAF with Sutton at the top then try not to think about it until 28 February 2018.
thankyou123

Post by thankyou123 »

Thank you. I will try not to think about this once I submit CAF. (not sure I can do this though :o :wink: :lol: )
harmony_11p

Post by harmony_11p »

Hi All,

I am doing a data analysis based on some results I get to know so far. If your son is not able to make into Wilson/Sutton second stage and you want to know a relative position in SGS/WCGS ranking list, please message me your exact scores and first 3 letters of your post code.

I will let you know an approximate range of rank based on your scores.

Thanks
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now