Anyone commuting from Chelmsford to Colchester county high

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

kkvarshney

Anyone commuting from Chelmsford to Colchester county high

Post by kkvarshney »

Anyone commuting from Chelmsford to Colchester county high school please share your daughter's experience. How is the commute, how much time, how they are coping with study alongwith travel. When they leave to school from Chelmsford and when they come back from school. Whats the best place to stay in chelmsford for travel to colchester county high? As I want to live in Chelmsford for the jobs prospective and less commuting time to London so this will be much help.
Guest55

Re: Anyone commuting from Chelmsford to Colchester county hi

Post by Guest55 »

Wouldn't it be easier to go to the GS in Chelmsford or live in Colchester?
yogurthoney

Post by yogurthoney »

Hi school bus pick up around 7 and arrive by 8:30. Back to Chelmsford by 5, pick up from school at 3:30. That is what I know.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

There is also the public bus, route 71, but it does take rates a long time and she would have to walk a bit at the other end. Or train and bus?

Didn't your DD take the exam for CCHS as well as the CSSE one?

Didn't she like SHSG or WHSG? SHSG is near Southend East on the C2C line, so anywhere near a station on that line would be convenient (obviously the closer the station to Southend East, the easier the journey for your DD, but there are compromises). WHSG is a 25 minute walk from Chalkwell station, or you could live somewhere handy for the station for your commute and your DD could just walk to school, without the need for transport.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
kkvarshney

Post by kkvarshney »

ToadMum wrote:There is also the public bus, route 71, but it does take rates a long time and she would have to walk a bit at the other end. Or train and bus?

Didn't your DD take the exam for CCHS as well as the CSSE one?

Didn't she like SHSG or WHSG? SHSG is near Southend East on the C2C line, so anywhere near a station on that line would be convenient (obviously the closer the station to Southend East, the easier the journey for your DD, but there are compromises). WHSG is a 25 minute walk from Chalkwell station, or you could live somewhere handy for the station for your commute and your DD could just walk to school, without the need for transport.
Thanks for all responses. I am not from Essex, as I am moving from Bucks so just taking an idea and we have not filled Chelmsford form:(
But as she scored a very good score 376 so we want to move from bucks to essex with good commute to London.
Seems it will be a hassle to live in chelmsford rather we need to move to colchester.
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

What about Westcliff or Southend? I think the commute is better from there.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Guest55 wrote:What about Westcliff or Southend? I think the commute is better from there.
Fastest trains Chalkwell to Fenchurch Street c.46 minutes (and we have much nicer trains than Greater Anglia :D ).

Chalkwell to Southend East, for SHSG: 7/8 minutes then a fifteen minute (max, depends how efficient your DD is at walking and chatting at the same time) walk at the other end.

We do have hills (the stations tend to be at the bottom of them), but on the whole, the area along the Estuary is less undulating than much of Buckinghamshire. And definitely less so than Colchester, for that matter :lol: .
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Guest55

Post by Guest55 »

Essex 'hills' are usually not as steep or long as the Bucks equivalent. Essex has the sea which I still pine for on a hot day inland. I'd recommend looking along the coast for somewhere to live ...
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now