CAF ranking advice

Eleven Plus (11+) in South West Hertfordshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Daogroupie

Re: CAF ranking advice

Post by Daogroupie »

There are only four choices in Herts.

When I was applying it was only 3 while London had 6.

They moved it upto 4 but should really have gone upto 6. DG
loopylala

Post by loopylala »

Hera wrote:I would imagine that if you can provide evidence of children attending Watford primary schools and that your old house is rented out there is a high probability that would be enough.
I'm not sure this is correct. The admissions criteria clearly states:

"If a parent, with whom the girl is resident for the majority of school nights, owns an alternative property within 20 miles of the school
which has been the main family home within the last five years, a property closer to the school will not be accepted as the
designated normal home address for the purpose of applying the admission rules, even if the former property is leased to a third
party."

I'm fairly certain, once the admissions criteria have been approved and published, the school has to follow them unless they do not comply with the admissions code.
Hera

Post by Hera »

loopylala wrote:
Hera wrote:I would imagine that if you can provide evidence of children attending Watford primary schools and that your old house is rented out there is a high probability that would be enough.
I'm not sure this is correct. The admissions criteria clearly states:

"If a parent, with whom the girl is resident for the majority of school nights, owns an alternative property within 20 miles of the school
which has been the main family home within the last five years, a property closer to the school will not be accepted as the
designated normal home address for the purpose of applying the admission rules, even if the former property is leased to a third
party."

I'm fairly certain, once the admissions criteria have been approved and published, the school has to follow them unless they do not comply with the admissions code.
You are right, I stand corrected!
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now