Wilmington Girl Grammar School - OOC query

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tand

Wilmington Girl Grammar School - OOC query

Post by tand »

Hi,
Trying to find past OOC score for WGGS. I know it works on math score only. DD got 129 so trying to see whether she has chance to make it
PettswoodFiona

Re: Wilmington Girl Grammar School - OOC query

Post by PettswoodFiona »

It is almost impossible to tell as you never know who you are competing against. 141 is the max, but there are only a small number of places and these depend on who applies OOC and what scores they get. I seem to recall we rarely hear on this forum of scores in past years due to the tiny numbers involved. It is probably best asking the admissions team at the school and even then it will probably be hard to extrapolate due to the small numbers involved. What other options are there such as Dartford Girls Grammar, Weald of Kent and other Kent, Bexley, Orpington grammars or other local schools?

Good luck.
The Lamp Post

Post by The Lamp Post »

The Kent scores provide an indication of which way it will go. I think in Dartford number of girls passing was the same, but the number of OOC taking and passing this year increased by 20-30%. It won't be a 20% increase in the mark but it will be more
The Lamp Post

Post by The Lamp Post »

Tand what other options do you have, I would say 129 is a good score, and the way the do the scores seems to be that they put a bell-curve which is stretched, so there isn't much difference between 129 and 140
tand

Post by tand »

Thanks All, I will try to ask WGGS admission team to find out.
DD got 379 so Dartford may option as OOC. I read earlier that 366 was cut off for last year but agreed it may increase this year...
salsa

Post by salsa »

tand wrote:Thanks All, I will try to ask WGGS admission team to find out.
DD got 379 so Dartford may option as OOC. I read earlier that 366 was cut off for last year but agreed it may increase this year...
The cut off on the first round was 385. Did it go down to 366 on the waiting list?

Salsa
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now