solihull to chb, green bus or public transport?

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
clover4green

solihull to chb, green bus or public transport?

Post by clover4green »

hi, my boy got 255 this year, we are new to solihull, could anyone suggest which one is easy to get to the school, thank u so much.
mum1115

Re: solihull to chb, green bus or public transport?

Post by mum1115 »

My son takes public transport, depending where you live in solihull you can either take the 76 which stops very near school. I know it stops at the swimming baths in solihull.
Or the route my son takes from the warwick road is the 37 to Acocks green and swaps onto the 11 to school. This route has more frequent buses than the 76,
I can't comment on the green bus as we didn't opt for that at any stage on cost grounds and it's only 1 bus home so he'd need another way to get home after eg rugby practice/sports that he does
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

mum1115 wrote:My son takes public transport, depending where you live in solihull you can either take the 76 which stops very near school. I know it stops at the swimming baths in solihull.
Or the route my son takes from the warwick road is the 37 to Acocks green and swaps onto the 11 to school. This route has more frequent buses than the 76,
I can't comment on the green bus as we didn't opt for that at any stage on cost grounds and it's only 1 bus home so he'd need another way to get home after eg rugby practice/sports that he does
Not in your area, but my advice would be always to go for the public service option over a 'One shot' school service if there is a choice. Especially if you would have to pay up front for the service which gave fewer options, then pay extra for the public service every time your DC missed the dedicated bus or wanted to take part in an after school club, was picked to represent their school in something with frequent fixtures etc.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
rah_b92

Post by rah_b92 »

As mum1115 has said, I think it depends very much whereabouts in Solihull you are. The 76 or 37+11 routes are good options for some; on the other hand, you may be (as we are) some distance from either route, but right on one of the Green Bus routes.

I'd try the Network West Midlands route planner (https://journeyplanner.networkwestmidlands.com" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) and see what it suggests for public transport options from where you are.
clover4green

Post by clover4green »

thank u so much for kind reply, We move to shirley just one month, everything is new to us. I will search for the bus route from now.
imranb

Post by imranb »

DS started Yr 7 at CHB this Sep. We live in Shirley and he takes the 76 from Shirley High Street. It is actually more convenient than the Green bus (and way cheaper!). I call the 76 - the blue bus - as it is full of Blue blazers!. The Green Bus would be a waste of money in my opinion.