11 Plus Boot Camp

Eleven Plus (11+) in Bexley and Bromley

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Sorrel

Re: 11 Plus Boot Camp

Post by Sorrel »

I don't think a couple of weeks in the summer before 11+ is that outrageous, as long as they also have a good break - a six week summer holiday is very long. We didn't do any course at Easter though continued with the practice books.
Catjellycat

Post by Catjellycat »

I remain of the opinion that bar familiarising them with the test style, tutoring in this way for the 11+ is pointless. I will grant you that ds' two hothoused friends were Top 180 tho so maybe there's something in it. They're gonna end up at the same school as my ds tho.

I would have loved a week of studying as a kid because that's the kind of thing I liked. But I would have much prefered going swimming, rolling about in a park and riding my bike.
MrsB

Post by MrsB »

Are the sessions are tailored specifically to your child's needs? If not, then you are better off with home tutoring that is focused on what they are finding more difficult. Personally I think little and often is better, so an hour a day at home but also allowing some days off is more effective than 3 days of 4 hours. They are not likely to be fully focused for 4 hours.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now