Help!Bablake or Ashlawn

Eleven Plus (11+) in Warwickshire

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
nimritrai

Help!Bablake or Ashlawn

Post by nimritrai »

Hi,
I'm considering applying to get my daughter into a grammar school (she is in year 5 at present), however we live in Coventry (where there are no grammar schools!)
I was thinking of getting her to sit Bablakes pre test in Jan-the follow up is the 11 plus next Oct.However the fees are not something we can easily afford.
There is Ashlawn in Rugby-but daughter not keen to leave Cov and you have to score highly in the 11 plus (what's difference between Selective and non-selective?)
But I figured if she does well in test then Id prefer Rugby as there are no fees involved.I also am thinking of Rugby high (but daughter not interested in girls only!)
Only reason thinking of bablake as she gets chance to sit test soon rather than in a year...and would only consider Ashlawn if she got a decent mark in jan test for bablake....or would just try ashlawn as may do well and therefore may choose that as number one..have other ppl been in this position?Thanks :( :shock:
PettswoodFiona

Re: Help!Bablake or Ashlawn

Post by PettswoodFiona »

Hello, you have posted this in general eleven plus topics but the subject is more about a specific region. Take a look on the thread for your region (sorry, I am not from your area to say for certain which one) - the easiest way to do this is via the breadcrumb link at the top or via the forum menu further up.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Are there no decent schools in Coventry? Why does your child need to go out of the city? Grammar schools are just schools and in an area without them, children still do fine - they don't improve results overall.
(I went to school in Coventry).
solimum

Post by solimum »

Heart of England (in Balsall Common) takes a lot of children from the west side of Coventry and is well-regarded locally
sphynx

Post by sphynx »

Amber wrote:Are there no decent schools in Coventry? Why does your child need to go out of the city? Grammar schools are just schools and in an area without them, children still do fine - they don't improve results overall.
(I went to school in Coventry).
Coventry schools are poor at the moment Amber. Added to which you really only have the option of one of the marginally better schools if you are in catchment or are religious. Grammar at least provides another option.