Fiveways or CHG

Eleven Plus (11+) in Birmingham, Walsall, Wolverhampton and Wrekin

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

LolaD

Fiveways or CHG

Post by LolaD »

Hi, I've been thinking about this so long. I know this is late (deadline today) but some thoughts would be appreciated. DC really wants five ways mainly because it's mixed and I'm about to make it first choice. However, the academic reputation of CHG makes me wonder if this would suit her better. Any advice? Thank you.
thirdtimemum

Re: Fiveways or CHG

Post by thirdtimemum »

LolaD wrote:Hi, I've been thinking about this so long. I know this is late (deadline today) but some thoughts would be appreciated. DC really wants five ways mainly because it's mixed and I'm about to make it first choice. However, the academic reputation of CHG makes me wonder if this would suit her better. Any advice? Thank you.
Your daughter will do well at both schools, or in fact any of the grammar schools. My personal feeling is you go with which one feels right,taking into consideration the travelling time. If that still leaves you undecided I would allow my daughter to choose as they are the one who will be spending the next 5 years there.
Sorry I can't offer any other advice about the schools but hopefully someone else on here will know a little more about the individual characteristics of each..
LolaD

Post by LolaD »

Thank you very much thirdtimemum for taking the time to read and respond. The travel time for five ways is so much more better than CHG. She's had her heart set on fiveways since we attended the open day, CHG didn't have the same feel. As you've said she's the one who's got to spend at the next 5 years there. So it's fiveways 1st choice. Thank you once again.
booellesmum

Post by booellesmum »

I think you have made the right decision. Your DD would do well at either school but will be happier at the school thats fits her best, and less travel time is always a bonus.
LolaD

Post by LolaD »

Thank you Booellesmum. It's such an important decision and we all want to make the right decision for our children.