School first choice (Boys)

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
sanpoolo

School first choice (Boys)

Post by sanpoolo »

My son passes the all the Sutton grammar school exams (Wilson,-Sutton, Tiffin-1st test and Wallington). Our school preference order is as follow

1-Wilson, 2-Sutton, 3-Tiffin and 4- Wallington county grammar school.

My son did not sit the st olave's grammar school exam

Can you please share your preference order then we can get some idea about whether our son will get the first choice?
ToadMum

Re: School first choice (Boys)

Post by ToadMum »

sanpoolo wrote:My son passes the all the Sutton grammar school exams (Wilson,-Sutton, Tiffin-1st test and Wallington). Our school preference order is as follow

Can you please share your preference order then we can get some idea about whether our son will get the first choice?
Widespread as this forum's tentacles may be, I doubt that you would get enough responses to be able to have any idea of your DS's probability of gaining a place at any of the schools on your CAF. Especially where the exam result is only 'eligible / not eligible.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

sanpoolo wrote:My son passes the all the Sutton grammar school exams (Wilson,-Sutton, Tiffin-1st test and Wallington). Our school preference order is as follow

Your DS will have a good chance if he is in the top 250 of those who were successful in Wilson's test. Now as to how to figure out if he is top 250, short of school announcing the rankings, you will need to relax until 1st March 5 pm.

Hope this helps. :wink:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If only he had actually failed one of them, harmony_11p would apparently be able to work out his ranking in the other two for you...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
sanpoolo

Post by sanpoolo »

Is anybody (who passed the Wilson exam) put some other school as the first choice?
yoyo123

Post by yoyo123 »

Sanpoolo, guessing will not really help. You will have to wait until National Allocation day, like everyone else! He either has a place or hasn’t, you cannot do anything until you find out on March 1st.
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Off memory, some one did post their first preference not to be Wilson’s. But unless you find out the preferences of all 500plus who passed Wilson’s test, this is not going to help.
mrsnoname

Post by mrsnoname »

Sanpoolo - you do realise that the children who passed Wilson's stage 2 but didn't put it as their first preference on the CAF, could still end up being offered a place at Wilson's?! Really not sure what you're trying to achieve here...
kenyancowgirl

Post by kenyancowgirl »

Sanpoolo is trying to achieve reassurrance that their ds will get a place at "assumedly" their favourite school. (Difficult to judge if it is their favourite school as they appear to have sat for every school possible between here and Timbuktu, however....)

Nobody on here can give you the reassurrance you require, sanpoolo. We are but a small representation of the huge number of children and permeatations that will be involved in the massive algorithm that accounts for the school allocations. Whether people put it first or not is irrelevant as, under the equal preference system, if they for arguments sake put it 6th on their CAF but it was the only school for which they met the admissions criteria, they would be allocated that school. So you have learned nothing and will learn nothing from knowing where people have put it on their CAFs.

Try and forget about it all now until March 1st otherwise you will drive yourself mad and life is far, far too short for that.
hopoe

Post by hopoe »

Kenyancowgirl: a voice for sanity :)
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now