Tiffin second stage order of tests

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

phantomguzzler

Tiffin second stage order of tests

Post by phantomguzzler »

Does anyone perhaps from past two years remember which order the tests in the second stage were given? I assumed it would be maths first followed by comprehension followed by creative writing but the letter lists the three tests of comprehension, writing skills and then maths so now I am wondering if maths is given last? Not that it matters too much but I have always given him maths first but not sure why I assume that will be first or it might be that the letter is not saying the tests in the order they are given and maths will be first.
streathammum

Re: Tiffin second stage order of tests

Post by streathammum »

Try not to get too worked up about these details. Even if the school has done it one way for five years in a row, it doesn't mean that they won't change it for the sixth. Much better to prepare your child to face lots of different situations so that they're not thrown if the exams are sat in a different order from the way they were expecting.
phantomguzzler

Post by phantomguzzler »

yes you are right, its not even him that is wondering this its me over thinking things and am sure he will be fine whichever way around it is.
stateschoolman

Post by stateschoolman »

phantomguzzler wrote:Does anyone perhaps from past two years remember which order the tests in the second stage were given? I assumed it would be maths first followed by comprehension followed by creative writing but the letter lists the three tests of comprehension, writing skills and then maths so now I am wondering if maths is given last? Not that it matters too much but I have always given him maths first but not sure why I assume that will be first or it might be that the letter is not saying the tests in the order they are given and maths will be first.
You've recieved a letter already? I thought they would send the invite letter next week? Or is this the first stage letter you are referring to?
phantomguzzler

Post by phantomguzzler »

This is for Tiffin boys second stage, test is on Friday and received letter two weeks ago with the details.
stateschoolman

Post by stateschoolman »

I am such an idiot.. I am thinking of Tiffin Girls.

You can tell I am newbie.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now