Frant Primary School

Eleven Plus (11+) in Kent

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

paula555

Frant Primary School

Post by paula555 »

Hi Everyone

I'm moving to Tunbridge Wells in a week and I've been active on this forum putting my son through this year's grammar test. I have now got him and my daughter a place at Frant Primary School to start late November. I have two questions if that's okay. Firstly, does anyone know the school and have any opinions on whether it's good? The Ofsted seems great and it's a very small school which I like. Secondly, what happens regarding grammar testing if a child attends Frant school? Will they be out of county of in county if they school in Frant but live in south Tunbridge Wells?

Thanks for any help :D
Starfish99

Re: Frant Primary School

Post by Starfish99 »

Hi Paula

I don't know anything about the school I'm afraid, but I know that the in-county/out-county etc depends on your home address and not the location of the school. So with a TW address you would be in county.
paula555

Post by paula555 »

Starfish99 wrote:Hi Paula

I don't know anything about the school I'm afraid, but I know that the in-county/out-county etc depends on your home address and not the location of the school. So with a TW address you would be in county.
Fab! Thank you!
LocalTWmum1

Post by LocalTWmum1 »

Congratulations, Frant is a lovely place and the school has a great reputation. Has your son passed the 11+ and so will just sit out the rest of year 6 there before starting secondary? Others are right - your choice of schools and the catchment you are in (or not) is dependent on your home address, so for the TW grammars you're fine if that's what you're aiming for? :)
Angelkitten72

Post by Angelkitten72 »

Hi
I know the school well as my daughter goes there! Both DDs have always enjoyed it and the small size of it is what I like best as well as the fact it’s a new building. The staff are all very friendly so no complaints from me! My DD also took 11+ , the downside was she had to take the test on the Saturday as an OC candidate which was less than ideal. We live in TW so treated as IC with regards to school admissions and applied via Kent!
Hope that helps - any further questions just ask!
paula555

Post by paula555 »

LocalTWmum1 wrote:Congratulations, Frant is a lovely place and the school has a great reputation. Has your son passed the 11+ and so will just sit out the rest of year 6 there before starting secondary? Others are right - your choice of schools and the catchment you are in (or not) is dependent on your home address, so for the TW grammars you're fine if that's what you're aiming for? :)
Yes, he passed the 11+ and it will likely be TWGSB for him, so he's just got the last two terms to do at Frant. I was mainly focused on getting a primary suited to my y2 daughter and I think she'll really like it there from what I've seen/read online.
paula555

Post by paula555 »

Angelkitten72 wrote:Hi
I know the school well as my daughter goes there! Both DDs have always enjoyed it and the small size of it is what I like best as well as the fact it’s a new building. The staff are all very friendly so no complaints from me! My DD also took 11+ , the downside was she had to take the test on the Saturday as an OC candidate which was less than ideal. We live in TW so treated as IC with regards to school admissions and applied via Kent!
Hope that helps - any further questions just ask!

Wow that's great! Yes the new school building is great, and looks very similar to the size and vibe of their current school. They'll be starting in y6 and in y2 at the end of November. Hopefully we'll cross paths :D

Paula
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now