SIF

Eleven Plus (11+) in Redbridge

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
Penzy

SIF

Post by Penzy »

I was just wondering that if there was any mention of children in care or pupil premium while we filled ilford county and Woodford county school SIF or registration forms ? I couldn’t recall any such question on either form . I remember Chelmsford county school registration form asking this question and to provide evidence for this.
ToadMum

Re: SIF

Post by ToadMum »

According to the Information and Guidance for 11+ Parents on the London Borough of Redbridge website:

The admission arrangements for the grammar schools for September 2018 entry have changed
and now give some priority to pupils eligible for the Pupil Premium who pass the 11 plus test.
Parents of children who are eligible for pupil premium at their current Primary School or receive benefits are encouraged to register their child for the 11 plus test. The registration from requests specific information from parents should this be applicable to them.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Penzy

Post by Penzy »

Yeah that’s right but why there wasn’t any question in registration form regarding PP or LAC ....how will admission authority will know which ones to prioritise based on oversubscribtion criteria? All the other school forms specifically asked this particular question apart from Redbridge 11 plus. So should I assume that over subscription criteria won’t be applied this year as this question wasn’t included in SIF. My DCs admission is highly correlated with this new criteria . According to last year cut offs they can get into GS but if 18 or more seats are given to kids having pass marks lower than last year cut offs then there chances will be reduced :cry: that’s y I am so concerned .
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

But according to LB Redbridge, which administers the 11+, there should have been a question on the registration form, as the priority for pupils eligible for Pupil Premium has been introduced for those who will enter year 7 in 2018.

I would contact the Redbridge admissions team.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Penzy

Post by Penzy »

That would be great Toadmum. Any other parent reading this , please jolt your memory and recall answering such question on registration form . I would highly appreciate.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Penzy wrote:That would be great Toadmum. Any other parent reading this , please jolt your memory and recall answering such question on registration form . I would highly appreciate.
Um, sorry, I meant, If I were you, I would contact Redbridge :lol: . I have no child applying for a place there or anywhere else this year.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now