Any Coach goes from Harrow to Sutton

Discussion of all things non-11 Plus related

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

rvrrb

Any Coach goes from Harrow to Sutton

Post by rvrrb »

Hello

Can somebody please help me. As lots of boys give exams to sutton Grammar schools.
Does any coach goes from Harrow to sutton school.

Please let me know.
Tinkers

Re: Any Coach goes from Harrow to Sutton

Post by Tinkers »

That wouldn’t be great journey even if there is a coach.
scary mum

Post by scary mum »

According to Google maps, the fastest route is currently 1 hour 18 minutes. I imagine that is fairly representative, so 3 hours of travelling every day :shock:
scary mum
Tinkers

Post by Tinkers »

If you are filling in your CAF today for the deadline, then it is quite late in the day to be looking at transport for possible schools, but at least you are looking now and not after the 1st March when you been allocated a place at a school your DC is really going to have a hideous journey for at least 5 years.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Sutton is quite good for travel into central London, if you need to get there for your work, then your DS could walk to school or get a (free) tfl bus. Or, if you have to be in Harrow for work but you really feel it is important for your DS to go to school in Sutton, you could do the three (probably more, in reality) hours a day commute instead, rather than render him too exhausted to take advantage of the education that the school has to offer, let alone any of the fun bits. Sorry to appear harsh (and don't worry, I'm sure someone will pop up soon to tell me that), but Harrow to Sutton is a truly rubbish journey to be contemplating for you DS.

Just because the law says that you cannot be prevented from having your DC sit any entrance exam, or from applying to any school, doesn't make it a sensible thing to do.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Amber

Post by Amber »

This is a joke right?
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Which school in Sutton are you thinking of? There are several and they are all a long way from Sutton.
piggys

Post by piggys »

Amber wrote:This is a joke right?

Maybe the OP could start up his or her own coach service ferrying poor tired children between Harrow and Sutton. Looks like there's a gap in the market. It's a torturous commute and will entail long journeys every day for years to come, but hey, every cloud and all that. :shock:
solimum

Post by solimum »

It could be worse - it could be Harrow to Sutton Coldfield!

(although actually that is apparently doable in 2hrs 12 mins on the train so I guess......)
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

solimum wrote:It could be worse - it could be Harrow to Sutton Coldfield!

(although actually that is apparently doable in 2hrs 12 mins on the train so I guess......)
A few years back it was reported on here that there was a child commuting from 'London' to one of the Birmingham grammar schools...
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now