Another private school question

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

pish

Another private school question

Post by pish »

Hi All

Just wondering if Private schools (like Kings) are any good. Are they any better than grammar schools (likes of Crypt/Ribston/SHS).

Better - academically, pastrol care & Drama

Thanks as always - for reading/replying/support
Last edited by pish on Sun Nov 19, 2017 10:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
DC17C

Re: Another private school question

Post by DC17C »

From what I saw when I visited some time with my son it is a lovely school I might have chosen if finances were right. My dd and ds went to Ribston and Crypt respectively and have been at really good schools which have suited and nurtured them and their talents.
Eromdap

Post by Eromdap »

Better in what way? Academically? Pastorally? In sports? Music? Drama? You need to visit them all, ask questions of the staff, look around and get a feel for the schools. What suits my child won't necessarily suit yours.
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

The main selling point for Independent schools is that they tend to have smaller classes, they may offer some subjects not taught in the state sector like Latin or Classics. Also some they are less selective and so are more likely to have children of varying ability which can be beneficial. Finally they may have better facilities as they have more money.

Visiting the schools is the only way to know if it is right for you and can you also afford the costs long term as you will need to add to the fees all of the extras.