Honest Opinion Needed about DCHS

Eleven Plus (11+) in Buckinghamshire (Bucks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
gg234

Honest Opinion Needed about DCHS

Post by gg234 »

Can you please provide honest opinion about DCHS and i head the following things

1) Teachers are always changing
2) Girls are taking smart phones in to the class
3) Some girls are taking Drugs
4) GCSE & A level results are not as good as other local grammar schools mainly related to science subjects
5) Teachers are not taking seriously about the home work

After hearing above things we are so worried about the school.I want to hear from parents currently sending their daughters to their school and we are preparing our daughter for 11+.

Thank you
scary mum

Re: Honest Opinion Needed about DCHS

Post by scary mum »

I don't know about this school, & hopefully someone can reassure you, but I can tell you that there are pupils who take drugs in every school of every type, grammar, private, comprehensive or upper. Anyone who tells you otherwise is wrong!
scary mum
Sally-Anne

Post by Sally-Anne »

gg234 wrote: 1) Teachers are always changing
No more so than at any other school
2) Girls are taking smart phones in to the class
Extremely unlikely, and there are always penalties for doing so at any well-run school.
3) Some girls are taking Drugs
There are drugs in every secondary school in the country. Police and sniffer dogs visit all Bucks secondary schools regularly as a deterrent. It is as effective as it can be.
4) GCSE & A level results are not as good as other local grammar schools mainly related to science subjects
No.
5) Teachers are not taking seriously about the home work
Highly unlikely.

I think you need to stop listening to idle gossip!
11plusparents

Post by 11plusparents »

gg234 wrote:4) GCSE & A level results are not as good as other local grammar schools mainly related to science subjects

You can find 2017 GCSE results below.

http://www.challonershigh.com/userfiles ... 17%202.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

11plusparents wrote:
gg234 wrote:4) GCSE & A level results are not as good as other local grammar schools mainly related to science subjects

http://www.challonershigh.com/userfiles ... 17%202.pdf" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Yep. Pretty awful, really. I'd strike that one off your CAF, if I were you.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Blue_Marigold

Post by Blue_Marigold »

You should look at the school and speak to the students to see what they say. I don’t know the school but I’ve only heard good things.
Amber

Post by Amber »

I would agree with others on drugs - every school, from the most expensive and posh private one to the worst nastiest one. The difference will only be the class of drug :wink: .

I would also disagree with Sally Anne and say that I imagine phones are found in every secondary school class too. I guess it is a question of whether they are [caught] actually using them.

Re homework - many teachers do not like homework in the lower years of secondary school. I have this on personal experience as a teacher myself and also from teacher friends. They still set and mark it though, because that is their job.
quasimodo

Post by quasimodo »

ToadMum wrote:
11plusparents wrote:

Yep. Pretty awful, really. I'd strike that one off your CAF, if I were you.
:)
In the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years.

Abraham Lincoln
buzzybee

Post by buzzybee »

I agree with the phones being used in the classroom. If you have access to snapchat, many seem to be using them in class! I think some teachers are a bit naïve to think that students are using their phones for research purposes :lol:
loobylou

Post by loobylou »

Some schools allow phones in the classroom for use if teachers advise. It doesn't necessarily mean that this is a bad thing.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now