CRGS sixth form

Eleven Plus (11+) in Essex

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
monstermunch

CRGS sixth form

Post by monstermunch »

I posted on another site about the pros/cons of a single-sex school going co-ed in the sixth form. As I've had little response it's probably best to ask this question to those who have boys at CRGS. Has this had a positive or detrimental effect on your sons education come A'level and if so why?
KB

Post by KB »

Our experience is that most of the girls are very hard working & very able. They have a civilising influence in an all boys school! Good opportunity to develop friendships with girls before being set loose in the wider world.
monstermunch

Post by monstermunch »

Thanks KB -do you have sons there or daughters?
KB

Post by KB »

Hi
Son who has gone through from year 7 to year 13.
Have daughter due to transfer to year 12.
The school has high expectations but relations between staff & pupils more relaxed in sixth form.
monstermunch

Post by monstermunch »

Do you mind my asking how your son got on? Did the school motivate him well and did he achieve his potential? Who end up at Oxbridge - the students that come in at sixth form mainly or those that have been there since 11?
KB

Post by KB »

yes & yes!!
school does great job but they do expect back-up from home
re Oxbridge - seems to be pretty much mixture of new & 'long term' students.This year about 30 I think. Lots of support & guidance on application process / interviews etc.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now