Good Areas on bus route between STRS and Pate's

Eleven Plus (11+) in Gloucestershire (Glos)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
tiya

Good Areas on bus route between STRS and Pate's

Post by tiya »

We have twins who will be starting at STRS and Pate's in September 2018 and will be moving to the area .

We would like to stay in between the schools and preferably on a public bus route that can take them to STRS and Pate's . ( I have made enquiries about the private buses , which though convenient seem to be restrictive regarding after school clubs ) .

Could someone please suggest some convenient areas to stay that will be on a public bus route ?

Looking forward to some replies so that we can get house hunting ! :)
dr.watson

Re: Good Areas on bus route between STRS and Pate's

Post by dr.watson »

Bus Route No. 94 would be best. Never used it personally.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Have you visited the area?
MedievalBabe

Post by MedievalBabe »

The Benhall estate in Cheltenham would be good for both. The 94 goes easily past the estate and it is only a few minutes up the golden valley to strs if needed and within an easy walk/cycle to pates. By the way it is the estate on the opposite side of the A40 to gchq.
PrinceOfPython

Post by PrinceOfPython »

I have one at each school. We live in St Marks( bounded by Gloucester Road, Libertus Road and Tennyson Road approx.) which means the Pates child can walk and the STRS child is 5 mins from the 94 bus stop on Lansdown Road. House prices which vary greatly depending on your budget, but the area is very friendly.
tiya

Post by tiya »

Amber wrote:Have you visited the area?
Yes I have - quite a few times . I think that the bus routes are the crux of the issue - guilty of not trying out the bus routes. :?

I think that I will get on the 94 bus first , pending other suggestions. Thank You very much for the suggestions so far - it gives us a place to start .
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now