Comparison of scores- Slough area

Eleven Plus (11+) in Berkshire (Berks)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
wraysburymum

Post by wraysburymum »

There has been much discussion about "the 11+" in Berks, but I would be most intrigued to to find if anyone out there knew of any child sitting both the consortium and Slough entry exams this year that achieved a HIGHER score in the SLOUGH test.
Obviously, both tests were different, held on different days, some at the children's own primary schools, etc. and that can account for some variation. BUT, maybe there may be a pattern/correlation which could be of interest to future sitters?
A Yes/No or difference between scores would be enough, no specifics required.
Many thanks on your input!
greatmum

Post by greatmum »

my friend's dd scored more at SG and failed LG.
My DD scored passed both but scored more at LG than SG.
Greatmum
langley/mum

Post by langley/mum »

Hi Wraysbury Mum,Langley Mum here!
As you may recall my son got 107 in the SG but 117 in the consortium.We will never really know why such a big difference?
I do know of someone who had 103 in the consortium and 110 in the SG.
From your knowledge are you saying that generally children tended to get higher in the consortium?Therefore making it harder in the long run to get a place?
LM X
wraysburymum

scores

Post by wraysburymum »

Hi,
I'm not trying to imply that either test was easier/harder just the fact that the scores between the two tests seemed consistently lower for Slough than the consortium. You would presume that children would score similarly in the same structure of tests (could understand variation between Bucks and Berks as only VR tested). At our school I believe without exception that children scored 5 to 10 points higher in the consortium.
One child I know was in tears after the consortium test, having not finished the NVR and missed the last PAGE of maths completely, but scored 120 for LG and just scraped a pass at Slough (having finished in time and thinking it was easy!)

Any more feedback?
cordismith

Post by cordismith »

Don't know anyone who scored higher for sg than for the consortium despite all the children saying the sg exam was much easier.I've though that perhaps having one test under their belt they were more relaxed with the next and so maybe not paying as much attention to detail( like my dd's usual during practise- not noticing that the question says which one of these is NOT the correct answer to this question iyswim)
Twins mum

Post by Twins mum »

Both my children scored higher in the Slough test than the Consortium.

SGS LGS

DS1 128 121
DS2 124 116

They both found the SGS test easier and the LGS one more challenging!
Its probably alot to do with the question types that actually came up. When they came out of the SGS they were jumping up and down saying all their favourite types came up! :lol: :lol:
They were very confident that they had done well which reflects in their scores.

Also a point worth a mention is that the LGS test for the OOC children was highly disorganised and there were parents / children all over the place and no one seemed to know what was going on. I feel alot of the children were a little stressed. We even tried to crack a few jokes before they went in.

On the otherhand the SGS was so calm and very well organised and they even checked each childs photo before they sat the test My children sat three tests of which this school was the only one to check the photo.

TM
greatmum

Post by greatmum »

Hi all, My dd found SG test easier but scored less there. I really don't know what happened. I think it made a difference that SG test was in the afternoon for her. She usually feels sleepy by that time during weekends. So for her I believe she was tired and sleepy by the time she reached the hall.
wraysburymum

Slough test

Post by wraysburymum »

Yes, Slough had two sittings at the test, alphabetically split A - M in the morning, N - Z in the afternoon and they were AMAZINGLY more organised than Langley's free-for-all with loud hailers! Were there two different tests or do we presume they all sat the same test?
Jbrs

Post by Jbrs »

My son passed both test -scored higher marks for SG compared to LG, which was not surprising as he had left out 8 questions in the LG Maths paper- He did find SG paper much more easier than LG, but didn't score much more than what he scored at LG- which I was bit puzzeld with. I expected diffrence in score between the two to be much higher than what it showed. I did wish to query that with SG- but didn't bother as he has received an offer from SG.

I agree totally with Twins Mum- my experience on test day at LG completely put me off that School. I was impressed with SG- at one point Head Teacher came out and was directing parents to right entrance, compared to LG- staff there were shouting at parents- don't they realise that it is also our children which will get the results for them.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now