clsg has anyone recieved their instruction for Jan yet?

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now
mb74

clsg has anyone recieved their instruction for Jan yet?

Post by mb74 »

We have still not heard from City about the 11+ tests whereas all other schools have sent out details for Jan.

They do not respond to email or telephone calls.

Has anyone heard?
ToadMum

Re: clsg has anyone recieved their instruction for Jan yet?

Post by ToadMum »

mb74 wrote:We have still not heard from City about the 11+ tests whereas all other schools have sent out details for Jan.

They do not respond to email or telephone calls.

Has anyone heard?
Presumably you have already followed the advice on their website, to no avail?

If you are expecting an email from admissions and have not heard from us regarding your daughter’s entrance assessment, please check your spam/junk box. Some email providers, in particular Hotmail, block our emails.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
mb74

Post by mb74 »

Yes, have followed this and nothing. I know they had a change of staff in the admissions office recently.

Just concerned as all the other schools we have applied to have been so organised and we received instructions weeks ago.
MrsChips

Post by MrsChips »

Weirdly we received all the relevant details but haven't actually applied to City so clearly something's amiss with their systems. It was so warmly worded that I rather regretted not applying.

Anyway here's the relevant bit (although of course maybe your daughter is doing the morning session):

The 11+ entrance exam for City will take place on Thursday 4th January 2018. Please put this date in your diary!

XX will sit her exam in the afternoon. Please note the following important points for exam day –

· She will need to arrive at City at the school reception (opposite St Giles’ church) between 12.30pm and 12.45pm.
· She will be finished and ready for pick up at 4pm. Pick up will be from the blue gates on the Barbican highwalk next to the Museum of London. You will receive an exam card in the post towards the end of term which she will need to bring with her. This has a map and directions for the day on the back.
· XX should bring her own pen, highlighter, pencil and eraser (no ruler or calculator) with her. She can wear either school uniform or her own clothes on the day – whichever she will be most comfortable in. Please also bring any necessary medication (inhalers etc) clearly labelled. XX should not bring a mobile phone with her into school.
· XX will not sit her exam in frightening long rows of desks in a hall – instead we split the girls into small groups in classrooms with some of our teaching staff to sit their Maths and English papers. There will also be a break for biscuits, cakes (all nut-free) and drinks in between papers for much-needed energy!
mb74

Post by mb74 »

Ok perhaps that was it then.

That email had a surveymonkey to complete and stated that if you did not respond, you would be removed from the process.

With that in mind, I thought there would be a final confirmation of the exam once final numbers were confirmed.

That is very reassuring MrsChips-thank you (perhaps not so reassuring that you received it without even applying!!!)
darshs

Post by darshs »

Hi I have not received invitation letter from CLSG as well, I am really worried as the office is closed and there has been no response to emails.
I have left a message this morning and sent them an email asking them to advise me on next steps.
A friend of mine has received it though, so I am not sure what is going on!

Any other ideas on how I can take this forward?
mb74

Post by mb74 »

I'm not sure what to suggest.

The email gave the date of the exam and said our daughter was in the moring session. We have received nothing in writing and the exam card has not arrived. We're planning on just turning up on 4th Jan with a printout of the email.

Did you get an email around 08/11/2017?

We have had no response to any messages email or otherwise.
Amber

Post by Amber »

Do they have a twitter page? If you tweeted them with the details included in this thread - people who’ve applied not being invited and some who haven’t applied being given dates- I bet you they would find someone from the office to reply pretty sharpish. :wink:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
darshs

Post by darshs »

Thank you mb74! Yes, I do have the email and my daughter is in the morning session as well.

Thank you Amber and Toadmum, I am going to the school tomorrow as it is close to work and will keep you updated.