Urmston pass mark OOC

Eleven Plus (11+) in Trafford

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Joy smith

Urmston pass mark OOC

Post by Joy smith »

Does anyone know pass mark of OOC? Mine got 364. Pls advise?
wangxiaosara

Re: Urmston pass mark OOC

Post by wangxiaosara »

Joy smith wrote:Does anyone know pass mark of OOC? Mine got 364. Pls advise?
Unlike AGSB, they prioritise by distance, unless you are in the top 20. So as long as you dc passed and your house door to door distance to the school is within 3 miles (just a guess), then he/she should be in.
elevenexam

Post by elevenexam »

364 is good high score, I am sure you child will be under top 20 , good luck.
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

Crikey , I almost fell asleep :wink:

Historically a score of 390+ was required ( gl-exam) but many of the top 20 opt for more local grammars- so you are still in with a chance.

Can I go back to sleep again now, please zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Knock me up again on prn basis .
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

If this is the same Urmston Grammar I found on a Google search, the 'Admissions' tab on the menu yields the following:

Admissions Results Information
All information is correct as at 17 October 2017
All result letters for the current phase of this round of applications have now been posted.
A successful outcome will be considered to have been achieved by those candidates who scored 334 and above in the tests or whose score was upgraded to 334R following a Local Review.
Candidates with a score of 385 and above are currently in our Top 20; this figure may lower as the admissions process continues.
The distance offered at 1st allocation on 1st March 2017 was 3.995407611 miles, however this may increase throughout the admission process until the children start in September 2018 – (due to movement the distance increased to 6.88792 by Sept 2017). The distance the previous year at 1st allocation was 5.026365 miles.
A total of 2185 pupils took part in the Urmston Grammar entrance examination in September and several hundred pupils achieved the qualifying score of 334 and above. The average score for those pupils who qualified was 353.
We are unable to email or give results out over the telephone. Should you not have your results by Thursday 19th October, please contact the school office and we will arrange a time when you can collect them.
Similarly, the school admissions personnel will not be able to engage in telephone conversations about any aspect of the process. Should you have any queries, please email admissions@urmstongrammar.org.uk. A response will be given within five working days.
Please see below the Oversubscription Criteria for the admissions of children in September 2018

Oversubscription Criteria

Where the number of eligible applicants for admissions exceeds the number of places available, the following criteria will be applied, in the order set out below, to decide which children to admit:

Entry Category A

Places are initially allocated to candidates who are “Looked after” children, or who were previously looked after, but immediately after being looked after became subject to an adoption, residence, or special guardianship order (as defined in the Education Act 2002 – Admissions) who meet the published academic requirements. This selection procedure is classed as Entry Category A.

Entry Category B – approximately 20 places

Using the first list (rank score order) of candidates, the (20) top scoring candidates, irrespective of home residence, will be allocated a place under Category B. Candidates with equal scores to the lowest candidate in this second allocation will also be offered places.

Entry Category C – approximately 10 places

Parents will have the opportunity to submit a Pupil Premium notification slip along with the Urmston Grammar supplementary form when candidates receive a positive outcome results letter. Ten places will be allocated to the highest performing candidates who qualify for Pupil Premium, irrespective of distance, and who did not qualify under Entry Categories A or B above. Candidates, on Pupil Premium, with equal scores to the lowest candidate in this third allocation will also be offered places.

Entry Category D

Children who achieve a pass in the entrance examination process and who have parents who are serving members of Urmston Grammar staff, and who have had a permanent contract at UGS for at least 8 continuous years will be offered a place.

Entry Category E – approximately 120 places

Upon removing the candidates who are allocated places via Entry Categories A, B, C and D, places in category E will be allocated in accordance with their distance from the school to their home address as per a straight line, firstly by M41 and M31 postcodes followed by the remaining candidates. This arrangement is listed as Category E. The address used will be the permanent address of where the child resides. For the home address, the distance will be calculated using property co-ordinates provided from Trafford’s Local Land and Property Gazetteer (BS7666) (Royal Mail Postal Address information may be used in some instances). In the case of a child living in a block of flats, co-ordinates will be obtained in the same way. The co-ordinates that will be used for the School are 376120, 394926.

Home Address: The address used will be the permanent address where the child normally lives, not a temporary address or the address of a carer or relative. In the case of parents who are separated and where child-care arrangements are shared between two addresses in the priority admission area, the average of the distances of the two address from the school will be used for the purposes of determining priority for admission.

Applicants who move into the priority admission area, after the date of application, who submit an on-time application to their home Local Authority, including Urmston Grammar as a preference, will be given consideration from the address given on the original application made to the school, until after the first round of offers. Proof of residency will be requested.

So the pass mark is the same, wherever you live. But unless your DC is 'Looked After', or has a score equal to or above that of the 20th candidate (364 not being, unfortunately, by the look of things), or in the top 10 scorers qualifying for Pupil Premium, not admitted via a higher category, or you / the child's other parent are a member of staff with the requisite length of service, distance would seem to be important.

It does say 'as at October 17th, so I'm assuming that this info was already up on the website at the time of the original post?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Catseye

Post by Catseye »

ToadMum wrote:Candidates with a score of 385 and above are currently in our Top 20; this figure may lower as the admissions process continues.
It is always lower.

That figure drops significantly as most of the initial top 20 opt for other more local grammars .

My DD scored 409- but went to our local grammar AGGS.

I like UGS -not as pushy as AGGS.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now