Sutton Grammar PTA mock tests 2018

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

mocks

Sutton Grammar PTA mock tests 2018

Post by mocks »

I am one of the Sutton Grammar mock test organisers.

We have now updated our website; here is the link: https://mocktests.suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

You can now login and view our FAQs for 2018 which detail the test sessions that we will be running next year. Please read carefully as we have four different types of test session, offering a variety of test options, running in May, June and September with prices ranging from £20 to £45 PER SESSION.

Please note:

- there is now the option to choose a session containing both Maths and English multiple choice papers which will enable us to provide feedback in both subjects, indicating how your child has performed in key areas;

- we have kept sessions allowing students to sit a standard format Maths paper with multiple choice English paper and English writing task as many parents feel that these are also needed;

- responding to parents' requests, this year we are offering test sessions in September on a trial basis.

To ensure that we are available to answer any of your booking queries through our site, we will not be going live with bookings until after the Christmas break.

Booking will go live in January 2018.

Happy holidays

The SGS mock test team
Daogroupie

Re: Sutton Grammar PTA mock tests 2018

Post by Daogroupie »

You obviously listen to feedback and offer more options each year based on customer demand.

No wonder your slots sell out in a few days.

Thank you for giving the exact date that bookings open.

Will it be 8am or 9am?

DG
mocks

Post by mocks »

Thank You
We will be aiming to go live between 9 and 9.30am
squareofthewicket

Post by squareofthewicket »

When my DD did the Sutton PTA Mocks earlier this year, I had 2 main gripes with them:
  • 1. No feedback on Maths paper
    2. The first of these sessions was way too early.
It is good to see that the feedback provided by parents has been taken into account by including a MC Maths paper + a session in September, although end July / Early August would probably have been much better allowing the DC to address their weaker areas.

Would still have been better if the Maths Standard Paper had feedback as well, as this can prove very useful for the Stage 2 of the exams for the schools.

These sessions give parents and their DC a reality check, if not already aware, of how many other children there are that would also be sitting the 11+ entrance exams in addition to the practice of writing a test in a similar environment to the real thing.

Regards
Squareof thewicket
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

squareofthewicket wrote:When my DD did the Sutton PTA Mocks earlier this year, I had 2 main gripes with them:
  • 1. No feedback on Maths paper
    2. The first of these sessions was way too early.
It is good to see that the feedback provided by parents has been taken into account by including a MC Maths paper + a session in September, although end July / Early August would probably have been much better allowing the DC to address their weaker areas.

Would still have been better if the Maths Standard Paper had feedback as well, as this can prove very useful for the Stage 2 of the exams for the schools.

These sessions give parents and their DC a reality check, if not already aware, of how many other children there are that would also be sitting the 11+ entrance exams in addition to the practice of writing a test in a similar environment to the real thing.

Regards
Squareof thewicket
Does the PTA of your DC's school organise events on school premises during the summer holidays?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
Flustered

Post by Flustered »

Squareofthewicket,

Bit strong to say you had a gripe about the dates offered; surely mean that you would have 'preferred' later dates. You may not have wanted a mock test session in May but plenty of other parents did. Offering a choice of dates enables parents to pick the dates that suit them. As Dagroupie (above) said, last year, all sessions were sold out in less than a week.

I am sure there are plenty of parents who would like to see dates in July and August but I guess not only is the school closed but also the PTA might struggle to find parents to volunteer their time to run the tests in the school holidays.

Sadly, we have to accept that what we want and what the PTA can or are prepared to offer will not always be the same but clearly, they are listening and where possible, they adapt. The good news is that this year Sutton will be providing more feedback in Maths. Much appreciated.
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

The earliest dates sold out in less than an hour so clearly many people were happy with them.

A combination of the earliest and latest possible date gives you early feedback and time to respond before the second date. DG
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Either hundreds of people are lining up to buy these slots as soon as booking opens or block bookings being done. These mocks seem to be competing with Harry Potter in popularity. :wink: :wink:
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

tiffinboys wrote:Either hundreds of people are lining up to buy these slots as soon as booking opens or block bookings being done. These mocks seem to be competing with Harry Potter in popularity. :wink: :wink:
:lol:

Given the heavy promotion they are given on the Forum as a 'must have' for DC all over London, I would be interested to know how many of the slots do actually get booked by those whose DC will be sitting only the 11+ relevant to Sutton, because they actually live within a sensible distance of the schools. Rather than in Harrow, Hounslow, Hertfordshire etc?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
daddyof3

Post by daddyof3 »

Can anyone tell me if these mocks would be useful for Bexley/Kent 11+ tests?

Many thanks