Sutton Grammar PTA mock test booking system has crashed

Eleven Plus (11+) in Surrey (Sutton, Kingston and Wandsworth)

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
mocks

Sutton Grammar PTA mock test booking system has crashed

Post by mocks »

We are really sorry but due to the unprecedented volume of over 1,000 people trying to book, our booking system has crashed. Our IT team is working to resolve this issue but unfortunately cannot guarantee when this will be.

We are really sorry for the inconvenience that this has caused.

The SGS Mock test team
worrybot

Re: Sutton Grammar PTA mock test booking system has crashed

Post by worrybot »

looks like the site is up but still not working properly to book two sessions I am charged £750?
Thank you,

Worrybot
tiffinboys

Post by tiffinboys »

Please consider offering these mocks in North London as well or bring in distance rule for these mocks as well.
worrybot

Post by worrybot »

And it crashed again!
Thank you,

Worrybot
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

Thank you for the update.

If you open it again at an off peak time such as 7am or 9pm then you will not have this problem.

9am is the worst time to open bookings.

You could also open A and B separately to C and D.

Opening everything all at once at peak time didn't work and probably is not going to work.

I hope you can get it sorted soon. Looks like you might sell out in one day this year instead of five. DG
4mykids

Post by 4mykids »

Daogroupie wrote:Thank you for the update.

If you open it again at an off peak time such as 7am or 9pm then you will not have this problem.

9am is the worst time to open bookings.

You could also open A and B separately to C and D.

Opening everything all at once at peak time didn't work and probably is not going to work.

I hope you can get it sorted soon. Looks like you might sell out in one day this year instead of five. DG
To be honest, I very much doubt that changing the time would make any difference and suggest that the system would be stretched whatever time they opened the bookings.
The fact that there are still issues hours later, when one would think that a lot of people had given up for the time being so they can get on with other things they need to do, is testament to that.

I also doubt that staggering the booking would make much difference as people would likely still log on to check what’s happening.

The old adage “a victim of their own success” springs to mind. I doubt there's realistically a lot they can do as the cost and complexity of handling such a temporary spike in demand would probably be prohibitive.

Maybe they should just operate a first-come first-served system on the day of the tests. I'm sure that would work fantastically well and wouldn’t bring utter gridlock to the whole of Sutton. :lol:

Good luck to everyone trying to book. I'm sure things will calm down at some point.
PADMAVATHI

Post by PADMAVATHI »

Hi,

when i am trying to log in to book the mock test its asking for
user name and password.
Do we need to register ?
kindly reply.
ToadMum

Post by ToadMum »

PADMAVATHI wrote:Hi,

user name and password.
Do we need to register ?
kindly reply.
From the website:

INTERESTED?
Register to read our FAQs containing details of the Maths and English paper formats that we will be offering as well as our English writing tasks.

All bookings must be made online through this booking system. Once registered you will need either a debit or credit card to book.

So I would take that as a Yes?
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog it's too dark to read.Groucho Marx
streathammum

Post by streathammum »

Yes you need to register - although I'm already registered and it hasn't helped me to make a booking!

There are still slots showing as available, but there are so many people trying to book that you can only get so far along before you get error messages. Good luck.
4mykids

Post by 4mykids »

ToadMum wrote:
PADMAVATHI wrote:Hi,

user name and password.
Do we need to register ?
kindly reply.
From the website:

INTERESTED?
Register to read our FAQs containing details of the Maths and English paper formats that we will be offering as well as our English writing tasks.

All bookings must be made online through this booking system. Once registered you will need either a debit or credit card to book.

So I would take that as a Yes?
Be careful though. If the first thing you see when you visit the booking web site (https://mocktests.suttongrammar.sutton.sch.uk/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;) is a pop-up asking you to Log In, that is probably one of the symptoms of the current overload and you should try refreshing the screen or coming back later and having another go.