Whitgift and Trinity Academic Scholarship Interviews

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
Lemongrass

Whitgift and Trinity Academic Scholarship Interviews

Post by Lemongrass »

Hello, ds sat the entrance exams for Whitgift and Trinity this week and we are anxiously waiting to hear if he will be called for an interview. He'll only be able to go to either school if we are offered some sort of financial assistance. I'm sure I read somewhere that academic scholarship interviews take place on a Saturday. Does this ring a bell with anybody or are all interviews scholarship interviews? Only asking as I want to manage our expectations.

Thanks in advance. Your replies to my previous posts have always been helpful and reassuring.
firefox

Re: Whitgift and Trinity Academic Scholarship Interviews

Post by firefox »

Lemongrass wrote:Hello, ds sat the entrance exams for Whitgift and Trinity this week and we are anxiously waiting to hear if he will be called for an interview. He'll only be able to go to either school if we are offered some sort of financial assistance. I'm sure I read somewhere that academic scholarship interviews take place on a Saturday. Does this ring a bell with anybody or are all interviews scholarship interviews? Only asking as I want to manage our expectations.

Thanks in advance. Your replies to my previous posts have always been helpful and reassuring.
Hi Lemongrass. DS1 sat W & T 3 years ago and got offers from both (we chose W) and DS2 sat 10+ at W just on Thursday.

There are "old wives tales" about how to tell whether your DS is in line for a scholarship but thats really all they are. DS1 was offered scholarships from both W & T. He was NOT seen by the HM in either school and his interview was on a Tuesday and Friday respectively!

So worry not...I know its tough waiting to hear but I can say from experience that there is no discernible rhyme or reason in which order people are called for interview or on which days they are held. Trying to work it out otherwise is the path to madness imo....

Best of luck to your DS.
Lemongrass

Re: Whitgift and Trinity Academic Scholarship Interviews

Post by Lemongrass »

Thanks for taking the time to respond Firefox. I'll relax and wait.
11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now