Scores for Habs girls

Independent Schools as an alternative to Grammar

Moderators: Section Moderators, Forum Moderators

11 Plus Platform - Online Practice Makes Perfect - Try Now
bluesymum

Scores for Habs girls

Post by bluesymum »

Do Habs girls and NLCS enail the scores for the 11plus tests or is it just a straight pass/fail and then the call for interviews.
Also, is there any additional weightage/marks for children from state primary schools.,( considering that they are not going to be as polished as prep school children),,
Daogroupie

Re: Scores for Habs girls

Post by Daogroupie »

It is an invitation to interview or not. No scores are mentioned.

State school girls don't need weighting. They are perfectly capable of getting in. I know lots there and lots applying this year and I have yet to meet a prep who is more polished than a state school girl. DG
Sla212

Post by Sla212 »

Do any of the indies give extra marks to children from state primaries....why should they? Children sitting for these schools have usually been tutored & well prepared for these exams, by tutors who know what each school expects.

From what I've heard, children from state primaries are often ahead of those from prep schools, in the 11+ exams & in Yr7.
Middlesexmum

Post by Middlesexmum »

For Habs girls, does anyone know how many sat today and how many are called for interview?
Daogroupie

Post by Daogroupie »

This has also been my experience, especially from preps that have a senior school.

Maths is a particular problem at City prep DG
Itsnotoveryet

Post by Itsnotoveryet »

As mentioned above primary school children are just as able. Polishing and prep work I personally believe is done at home. Also, parents should be applying to schools that are academically and socially right for their child therefore they will thrive and not drown. We have a mix in my daughters class that are current, from prep, primary and other Independents. The primary girls were not given any extra weighting and are doing just fine.
We did this journey last year and after visiting all the schools I could see my younger DD at some and not my older DD and vice versa.

Good luck and don’t panic. Remember the schools choose your daughters and occasionally they miss out on a gem!
nylon14

Post by nylon14 »

Hmm, I was also concerned when my DD was applying last year. Most London Preps that are not linked to a Secondary School do heavy prepping that is just not done at normal State Schools. My DD certainly never did mock exams at her school and her head told us that their curriculum was about a year behind what was required at some of the schools we applied. That being said, I was told by the admissions team at Habs that about 60% of the girls applying were from the State sector and my daughter said that was the case when she went for the test. She had a great day and we loved the school, sadly it is just too far away from our house so we chose a school that is closer.
11 Plus Mocks - Practise the real exam experience - Book Now